Latest Firmware 1.10.90, any good ????

I know its been mentioned in a few of the other "FW 1.10" threads, but it concerns me that DJI has stated we can't downgrade from 1.10 once its installed.

Based on DJI's demonstrated past behavior with regards to FW, it worries me a bit when I think about what may be included in 1.10 but not mentioned in the release notes. If something unexpected happens, we may not be able to go back to 1.9.

On the other hand, it also makes me wonder if there is something they know about 1.9 that they are not sharing. They've demonstrated similar questionable behavior in the past when they left 1.5 on their main download page even when it was widely known that 1.5 was causing crashes and 1.6 had already been released to fix it.

So far indications are that 1.10 is stable, but for me the jury is still out. As always, just my humble opinion.
.....and this is another reason I stopped updating at 1.4. Im wishing I hadnt gone past 1.18. Oh well, Ive yet to see or have had the need to "Unlock" anything.... Phew.o_O

I checked to be sure there wasn't a new DJI GO app and went to the play store. I am currently on 3.1.0 on my shield. The DJI website says the latest android version is 3.1.0 too. But, the play store said I needed to update. I did and it installed something and when I completed it, I checked and it was the same version 3.1.0. So, if you are having problems, check wherever you get your DJI GO app and see if it has an upgrade. I'll try to test my FW and (haha) app upgrade tomorrow.

Just updated to 1.10.90 firmware and had an uneventful flight. About a 15 minute litchi mission. I did have one spurious compass error during flight with the previous firmware - so hope they have fixed this. Notes indicate:
1. Optimized Flight Restriction Zone management by deleting flight restrictions for some abandoned airports.
2. Optimized HDR+RAW format photos.
3. Improved motor performance to prevent occasional overheating resulting from a motor stall.
4. Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight.

Does anyone knows what 4 is ''Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight'' . Does it affect CSC in flight ?

Reactions: RBoyken
I am having problems with this update. At the moment I do not recommend it. I'm just asking for help now to solve that. The rc stopped working and in the status bar says "Signal lost" ..

Sent from my GT-I9192 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same problem. Hope you already figured it out. But in case you haven't, here is what I did.
First this is what went wrong.
1. I turned on the Tablet
2. then tuned on the AC
3. then turned on the remote
4. then when the light on the remote turned green, I plugged in the cable from the RC to the Tablet.
The DJI GO app would not pop up. Here is how I fixed it:
On item number 4 above, plug in the cable from the RC to the tablet "Before" the remote light turned green. Then the App selections will pop up for you to choose from.

This worked for me, I hope it works for you.

Been running all latest firewares/ app, everything

Had two batteries worth of flight time with it so far, flying in and around cliffs and into clefts, dropping into areas of no GPS, no problems, range seems the same, got to 1600m before video loss, which is normal for my p3a

So far so good

Reactions: G Lee
Does anyone knows what 4 is ''Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight'' . Does it affect CSC in flight ?

Yes, the csc time has been extended to 3 seconds. Less chance of pulling it off in the air now.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Viper989 and G Lee
msinger on the forum helped me with my system after an upgrade to the latest FW.
I had lost my scroll function on the camera, everything else worked, it turned out that I handnt calibrated the scroll wheel during the RC calibration phase, had only calibrated the joysticks, so the calibration wasnt complete.This also made the RC alarm at start up.
I also did a relink between the RC and AC and a full IMU calibration post FW update, flew out of the valley I live in at 200 metres out to 1600 metres as a test flight, perfect.

What the story with the latest firmware guys any good.
I've been having a problem with linking since the last FW version and this version did not fix the issue. I have to link the UAV to the controller every time I fire it up. I get a lot of signal lost errors if I don't perform the linking routine. It seems to be OK after linking but if I change batteries I have to link the aircraft to the controller again. It seems to be software related since it works fine after linking. I think DJI is a bit quick to release new FW versions before they have fully tested them. I have never had any of the issues others have reported with previous FW versions but I think I have read that there have been linking issues lately - Not sure which FW version introduced the linking issue.

All fine - had a small test flight - all OK - upgraded app as well to 3.1.1 :)
IMG_1019.png

Im going to do a test from a high point out over flat rural area plus estuary/harbour to see if it is still stable for the video link at distance. Will post results.
Not looking for huge extended range for my normal use , just need to know if it will get to a couple of Km's without video loss to tablet using the new FW

Slowing stopping time during flights will limit breaking forces that affect motors mountings. CSC during the flight will is done only in absolute emergency cases when we would like the aircraft not to proceed further and we want to drop it there itself to the ground if possible. Slowing down the breaking will affect it but not sure how much as all motors will stop and it will follow a trajectory based on its momentum at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie