Last thoughts before give up!

Reaction score
yaw arm broken after crashed. camera part sight dip in salt water.
RC and aircraft connects and flies fine..

gimbal crazy dance. changed flat cable twice. same issue. d-shaped shaft is in the right orientation.
DJI APP doesn't detect anything from drone.
- cant set any setting, doesn't retrieve any data from drone. no battery status, no camera output , not able to set any altitude.

is this probably issue with gimbal main board?

There are a few youtube videos that describe how to remedy the gimbal dance syndrome. Sorry to hear about the crash. Might be cheaper in the long run to buy a used Phantom 3S on ebay, and keep the old one for parts.

Partial salt dip not good if seawater,electronics hate the water,fresh water can be saved but not seawater ,great conductor to short things out which might explain the drones status,,it could be main board but without another to try it's a guess,,I not going to tell you to replace incase it's not the cause, did you use proper ribbon cable, some cheap versions dont work,,as above when this happens it's almost easy to get another drone only or buy a crashed one for parts,,

Not receiving data could be the antenna, the black and grey wires. They are small coaxial cables. Make sure they are in good shape and connected well. The board has a white sticker in it that indicates if its been in water. It will turn red if it gets wet. Salt water could be the problem.

gimbal crazy dance. changed flat cable twice. same issue. d-shaped shaft is in the right orientation.
- cant set any setting, doesn't retrieve any data from drone. no battery status, no camera output , not able to set any altitude.

The P3Std. is a different animal than the other models of P3's. For some reason, the engineers decided to put the SD card slot in the camera module, instead of on the main board. A bad cam module on a P3Std. causes the gimbal dance. I have over a dozen bad modules. Salt water is like acid to electronics. You'll need to find a good module, & you already know how to change the ribbon cable.

I have a P3P that I fly occasionally. Bought at a yard sale. Had been in the Gulf of Mexico for two days and had problems. Battery was ruined but a second (good) one was included. Unit tried to turn on but would only flicker and then shut off. Took it completely apart and soaked the parts in distilled water. Brushed on some electrical contact cleaner to both sides of main board and others. Everything was spotless. Reassembled and it flies like a new bird. No issues whatsoever. Total cost: $40.

I have a P4P v2 so don't fly this one much.

I have a P3P that I fly occasionally. Bought at a yard sale. Had been in the Gulf of Mexico for two days and had problems. Battery was ruined but a second (good) one was included. Unit tried to turn on but would only flicker and then shut off. Took it completely apart and soaked the parts in distilled water. Brushed on some electrical contact cleaner to both sides of main board and others. Everything was spotless. Reassembled and it flies like a new bird. No issues whatsoever. Total cost: $40.

I have a P4P v2 so don't fly this one much.
This is actually the very first account I have ever read, describing a drone's resuscitation in the wake of saltwater immersion.

This is actually the very first account I have ever read, describing a drone's resuscitation in the wake of saltwater immersion.
I had a couple of seasoned DJI pilots tell me that. I was pretty meticulous about it and it did take time. I used to manufacture computer memory modules for resale and used some of those old tools that I still had from those days. That was my first and only experience with a drone in saltwater and I was prepared to have to replace some components or just convert it to a hat rack or door stop. Proud of that little guy every time it lifts off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.