Las Vegas

Reaction score
Hi,

Any rules and regulations for flying over the strip? Any limitations for night flying?

Probably not allowed due to crowded area but...... At the same time I know it's been done. At your own risk [emoji6] (would love to see the footage tho in all honesty) [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Probably not allowed due to crowded area but...... At the same time I know it's been done. At your own risk [emoji6] (would love to see the footage tho in all honesty) [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

If I do and my bird survives (as in, survives the cops [emoji6]), I’ll share here.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Have you looked at an aeronautical map for the area? The "Strip" is around 1 mile from LAS not to mention literally 1000's of people all over there. It's one of the worst possible places to try and make a LEGAL and SAFe sUAS flight in the country.

With all the AMAZING scenery in the area why would you want to be "That GUY"?

Have you utilized the forum SEARCH function yet?

Here's one hit :
Is it worth taking my Drone to Las Vegas?

If you DO decide to make this ridiculous flight I'd highly suggest NOT sharing it on the forum or any social avenue as I'm confident anything you share "Can and will be used against you". Remember (or you may not know this yet) that we have proven time and again things posted on our forum are picked up/reported to the FAA and some people have had Official action taken against them for these public sharing of illegal flights. Food for thought . . .

Have you looked at an aeronautical map for the area? The "Strip" is around 1 mile from LAS not to mention literally 1000's of people all over there. It's one of the worst possible places to try and make a LEGAL and SAFe sUAS flight in the country.

With all the AMAZING scenery in the area why would you want to be "That GUY"?

Have you utilized the forum SEARCH function yet?

Here's one hit :
Is it worth taking my Drone to Las Vegas?

If you DO decide to make this ridiculous flight I'd highly suggest NOT sharing it on the forum or any social avenue as I'm confident anything you share "Can and will be used against you". Remember (or you may not know this yet) that we have proven time and again things posted on our forum are picked up/reported to the FAA and some people have had Official action taken against them for these public sharing of illegal flights. Food for thought . . .

While I pretty much agree with you, I do feel there is an ok way to go about it. Obviously not flying ON the strip, but if you kept to the northern end of the strip, you'd be more than a mile from the airport. And I'm sure you could find a lot, park, sports field, etc that would be empty so there'd be no risk to crowds. This would basically just be a straight up, take some pictures of the downtown from a slight distance, then come back down. But I think it would be doable in a safe manner.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Aircraft cover a mile in less than 30 seconds not enough separation for me

Reactions: BigAl07
No. No you cant fly on the strip or near it. With that said there are waivers available to fly on the strip under Part 107 as well as night flight as both have been done under part 107, if you are a hobbyist good luck. Las Vegas Metro police have no problem handing out tickets and keeping drones, they have a good collection at this point.

Reactions: BigAl07
Don't.
Someone just fined $20K by FAA for doing it.
Must stay 5 or miles away from nearest point
of major airports AFAIK.
Even Downtown Vegas is less than 5 miles.
But just north of Downtown Vegas AOK, AFAICT.

Don't.
Someone just fined $20K by FAA for doing it.
Must stay 5 or miles away from nearest point
of major airports AFAIK.
Even Downtown Vegas is less than 5 miles.
But just north of Downtown Vegas AOK, AFAICT.

This thread is from July 2018 so it's a done deal. In fact the OP could also be the one who was fined in the story you mentioned . . .

Bigal07 , this fine was just handed down to the guy this week so I’m guessing not the OP, and @ribjig just north of downtown is a no good either as you are then within 5 miles of North Las vegas airport. 97% of vegas is class b airspace or c, there are the ama fields, red rock canyon and a bit near lake Las Vegas that you can fly without waiver but that’s it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic