Large video files

Reaction score
I recently downloaded my first video to my iMac computer. The file size was 1.3 GB. Obviously that large of a file cannot be emailed, texted, or easily stored. I would like to hear from other pilots how you break down your video into smaller file sizes that would allow sharing with relatives and friends by text, by email, or or by sharing links to the file stored in a 1Drive cloud account. I shot the video in high definition and perhaps I should've used the 1080 or 720 resolution setting. Your suggestions? And thank you in advance for taking the time to respond.

Unless you want your friends to have the original video, you may want to consider posting it to a video sharing site like YouTube, Vimeo, or one of the ones aimed at the Drone flyers (like DragonFly or AirVūz). Then they could view or share the videos without having to download them.

Thank you both for your reply. Excellent suggestion. The video was exactly 4 mins in length.

I recently downloaded my first video to my iMac computer. The file size was 1.3 GB. Obviously that large of a file cannot be emailed, texted, or easily stored. I would like to hear from other pilots how you break down your video into smaller file sizes that would allow sharing with relatives and friends by text, by email, or or by sharing links to the file stored in a 1Drive cloud account. I shot the video in high definition and perhaps I should've used the 1080 or 720 resolution setting. Your suggestions? And thank you in advance for taking the time to respond.

Hi @Bhloscaidh! I'm the CEO & founder of one of the apps @anotherlab mentioned (Dragonfly) and thought I would chime in on some of the things we did that make drone video a little easier to manage for the casual user:

- The app is free & comes with 10 GB of free storage so that you can try it out to see if it is a good fit for you
- There are two easy ways to get your video onto the app: 1) Launching the app while you are still connected to the drone (you don't even need to remove the SD card); or 2) Using our web uploader where you simply drag all of the videos at once and forget it
- You swipe to let the app know who can see the video (Just you, Family, Friends, or Everyone). Memery then lets those people know so you don't have to share/text/email.
- When you give someone permission to see your video they don't have to download it if they use they app. This can save a lot of time for people.
- Using our emotion gestures you can highlight the good parts of a video. We can then make auto-mixes of the video that show your highlights so they don't have to watch everything

Our engineers are currently working on more features to make managing your drone video collection easier and more fun. I hope you will give it a try, see if is a good fit ofr you, and let me know what you think :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31