Landing & then flip over

Reaction score
Hi
Problem that has suddenly appeared is when coming into land, hover & then land & shut down motors by using the 2 control sticks the drone flips over & motors carry working for another 3 seconds.If using the single speed stick(lbs) the motors shut down straight away.I have another phantom3 ADV & that is doing the same.Have I not set something up correctly? Hope help can be advised.

Hi
Problem that has suddenly appeared is when coming into land, hover & then land & shut down motors by using the 2 control sticks the drone flips over & motors carry working for another 3 seconds.If using the single speed stick(lbs) the motors shut down straight away.I have another phantom3 ADV & that is doing the same.Have I not set something up correctly? Hope help can be advised.
Welcome to the forum.

FYI that since shortly after the P3 model was released in 2015, we have cautioned against using the two stick method (CSC) for shutting down after landing. That method is prone to causing flips as you describe. Because of this, we have long recommended using only the single stick down method to shut down after landing.

Here’s a related bullet from my 2016 list of tips:

> Do not use the CSC to stop your motors once you've landed. CSC is known to cause flip overs. Only use left stick down for three seconds to stop your motors. (Note: Use CSC to stop your motors in an emergency, but know that if you are in the air it will cause your P3 to crash!).

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj