Landing Gear/Compass replacement

Reaction score
Hi All,

I had a minor crash into a tree which left only the landing gear with the compass slightly damaged. I was wondering if it is possible to replace this landing gear? The issue seems to be that the wire from the shell to the compass is fixed in place very well. Is it possible to remove the plastic housing around the compass on the landing gear as this in preventing me from removing the damaged landing gear?

Thank you very much

Reactions: Jdbik2
If you replace the landing skids with the compass is there any additional calibrating that needs doing or can you just plug and play with it. I assume all you need to do is the normal compass calibration before flying. Is tha the case? thanks

I could be wrong, but I think what msinger meant to say was, you cannot buy a new compass without the landing gear.

I just purchased a new compass from B&H Photo, and it came with the landing gear. I did not see an option to buy the compass only.

If you replace the landing skids with the compass is there any additional calibrating that needs doing or can you just plug and play with it. I assume all you need to do is the normal compass calibration before flying. Is tha the case? thanks

Welcome to the party gray,

I suggest you install the new compass/landing gear, go outside... away from any possible interference and perform the "Compass Dance" with enthusiasm. Then without subjecting your new compass to any possible contamination, connect to the NAZA assistant software.

Go to the "TOOLS" tab and look at your "Compass (raw)" numbers.
X, Y, and Z should be ZERO +- 300
Mod should be 1600 +- 200

Enjoy the show, and please look at my signature for some helpful links... it's below this line. :D

I have a similar issue but its the place where you plug in the compass thats broken so i need a new board but cannot find it online does anyone know where i can find the board which the compass plugs in to? And landing gear?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers