landing crashed into a bush

Reaction score
log from tablet here: DJIFlightRecord_2016-07-24_[06-47-42].txt

log converted to csv to xls from phantomhelp here: dji flight.xls

midway through the flight, i was getting compass error on the tablet. in the XLS file, i see yaw error so i was flying it manually as it was drifting with the wind. error went away as soon as i fly it further from the flag pole. very interesting! as i get 30% battery warning, i took it down to the pavement. 2ft from the ground, it started drifting towards a bush 4ft away. it steadied about 1ft. so i tried to land but ultimately it landed into the bush. what happened? this is the first time ever. all previous landing were buttery smooth. much smoother than my Yuneec!
if you can show me how to read the log, that would be great. thanks!

What's on the ground in this area? Anything large and metallic?

YawError.png

How close were you flying to it? It appears you were right beside it or above it when the yaw error appeared in your log.

How close to it were you at the red dot in my screenshot above?

It's hard to tell from this picture, but it appears you were much closer than 50 feet away. Your Phantom was about 14 feet in the air at that time. I'm not sure what else what have been high enough to cause interference.

FlagPole.png

after crash, i inspected the aircraft for any damages. nothing out of the ordinary can be seen but i replaced the 4 props with brand new ones and a fully charged battery. took off and landed in a different location with no issues.
were you able to tell from the log that my fingers were on the right nav stick during the crash? was i moving it towards the left or right?

If you open your flight log in DJI GO, you can play it back and see the positions of the sticks.

DJI-GO-Flight-Logs.PNG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel