Lack of camera settings in FPV

Reaction score
I'm looking at some HDMI goggles (Avegant Glyph). By all accounts the HDMI feed off the DJI module seems to have the best performance compared to, say, HDMI output from a tablet.

My concern is that I use manual camera controls for everything, and frequently switch back and forth between video and still which causes me to have to change a bunch of settings each time. (Frustrating, DJI! Why aren't those decoupled from each other?!?)

Am I correct that I'll have no choice but to continue using my phone or tablet to make those changes if using the HDMI module, as opposed to an HDMI output that mirrors the screen? For people who use HDMI from something like a Shield, how is the performance? Am I putting too much priority on the quality improvement over the DJI module?

Last edited:
Am I correct that I'll have no choice but to continue using my phone or tablet to make those changes if using the HDMI module, as opposed to an HDMI output that mirrors the screen?
That's correct. The advantage of using the Avegant Glyph headset is that you'll be able to look down at your tablet while you're wearing them. Other FPV goggles cover your eyes completely, so you'd have to remove them to look down at your tablet.

You are right, the best video you get is through hdmi module with min latency. If you use Shield, though it will get you identical screen output but you will see delays.

I'm looking at some HDMI goggles (Avegant Glyph). By all accounts the HDMI feed off the DJI module seems to have the best performance compared to, say, HDMI output from a tablet.

My concern is that I use manual camera controls for everything, and frequently switch back and forth between video and still which causes me to have to change a bunch of settings each time. (Frustrating, DJI! Why aren't those decoupled from each other?!?)

Am I correct that I'll have no choice but to continue using my phone or tablet to make those changes if using the HDMI module, as opposed to an HDMI output that mirrors the screen? For people who use HDMI from something like a Shield, how is the performance? Am I putting too much priority on the quality improvement over the DJI module?
You can also make camera changes via the right scroll wheel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik