LAANC

Reaction score
I have a P4P+. Trying to figure out how to use LAANC, is it avail in DJI4GO? or do I need to download Airmap (3rd party) to my controller?

If DJIGO4 can do it...how?

Thanks

Reactions: BigAl07
You cannot use DJI GO to get FAA authorization via LAANC. Since the process requires receiving a text message, it would be easiest to submit the request from your mobile phone via an app like Airmap or Kittyhawk.

yeah, I did that with my phone, but it wouldn't let me take off.

The p4p+ has an integrated screen.... do I need to download airmap to the controller?

Reactions: ElevationOneDrone
I need authorization, I was near an airport.

I went on the airmap on my phone, got authorized to fly, but there is no way for my aircraft or controller to know i got authorization... not sure how the process works.

If DJI GO will not allow you to fly, you'll need to self unlock inside of DJI GO (if it prompts you to do so) or submit a custom unlock request here.

I guess my question is... can I use my phone to get clearance from Airmap, even though its not connected to my controller or aircraft?

can I use my phone to get clearance from Airmap, even though its not connected to my controller or aircraft?
Yes. That won't allow your drone to take off though. It's just something you need to do (legally) in addition to unlocking the DJI GEO Zone in DJI GO.

Right. So, getting approval on the airmap, I get a code, which i did...

Then I have to go in and unlock on DJI website? because it didnt let me auto unlock by clicking all the boxes, submitting cell #, putting in code from dji app (not airmap).

whole process is supposed to be streamlined, seems like a lot of time.

If you cannot self unlock in DJI GO, then you need to custom unlock on DJI's website. The type of unlock (self or custom) depends on the type of zone you're unlocking.

Unless you are flying for a "commercial" reason in that area. Your best option is to find another location to fly. LAANC will have "bugs" for a while being that is so new for REC flyers, would be my suggestion.

The X is where I was. I know I was in an authorization zone, and Enhanced zone.

DJI APP asked for my phone number, I input it. Wouldn't let me take off.

I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe I was just acting weird. I assumed it should work once Airmap gave me authorization via LANNC, and DJI asked for my phone number.

Attachments

• 20190804_210229.jpg
    20190804_210229.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 221
I assumed it should work once Airmap gave me authorization via LANNC
That won't allow your drone to take off. LAANC (nor Airmap) and DJI GO are not connected in any way. You don't need FAA authorization (via LAANC) to physically take off.

Right. So, getting approval on the airmap, I get a code, which i did...

Then I have to go in and unlock on DJI website? because it didnt let me auto unlock by clicking all the boxes, submitting cell #, putting in code from dji app (not airmap).

whole process is supposed to be streamlined, seems like a lot of time.

It’s a pia sometimes for sure. I too have a p4p+ I have to make my cell a hot spot so my RC can hook to its WiFi so I can get unlocked from DJI via the attached screen.

I’m a 107 pilot and I record date and times of flight, who I work for, if there are maintenance issues etc... AND I record the FAA authorization codes...

It says "unauthorized" airspace when I try to take off.
You should be able to use the self unlock method in DJI GO to unlock an authorization zone. You can also unlock it before you head out to fly here.

You should be able to use the self unlock method in DJI GO to unlock an authorization zone. You can also unlock it before you head out to fly here.
Thank you.

I wonder if its maybe because I didnt update the Precise Fly info.

I'll try again today, see if that works. I updated it last night.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl