LAANC question...

Reaction score
So how does your drone know that it has LAANC approval? Seems to me that getting LAANC permission from ATC is all well and good, but how does the drone know that it’s now OK to actually take off?

If DJI GO is communicating with LAANC and the drone is communicating with DJI GO, it seems DJI GO would be able to unlock all approved zones.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Many thanks for the quick response!

“If DJI Go is communicating with LAANC...”

OK, that’s where I lost you. Is that a setting in DJI GO 4? Or to put it another way... how does DJI GO 4 know about the LAANC approval?

how does DJI GO 4 know about the LAANC approval?
DJI GO would have to be running on a mobile device that's connected to the Internet.

OK, cool. I’m assuming that newer versions of DJI GO have been updated to handle LAANC approvals while online. That makes sense. Really appreciate the info. :)

OK, cool. I’m assuming that newer versions of DJI GO have been updated to handle LAANC approvals while online. That makes sense. Really appreciate the info. :)

Until they actually release the newest version and specific details/instructions we're just giving a Best Guess.

So how does your drone know that it has LAANC approval? Seems to me that getting LAANC permission from ATC is all well and good, but how does the drone know that it’s now OK to actually take off?

The announcement of LAANC NFZ approval support by a DJI app is very new. It will likely take a few months to integrate into their Go4 app.

TODAY, DJI Go4 cannot open nearby airport NFZ areas when your get your LAANC FAA approval by using AirMap, among others. If you are too close to the airport you can't start your motors, unless you have old firmware 1.3.509 and adjust parameters to remove the NFZ restriction totally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72