Kyle from Texas. Howdy!

Reaction score
Howdy ladies and gentlemen. My dad and I are pretty close. He just bought a phantom 3 pro so that we could check out the wildlife ahead of us while hunting and do some scouting. I've always had a fascination with flying and photography and idk why I never thought about a drone. I have flown that thing everyday since he got it. I have been on this forum without an account for about a week now getting great info from y'all already so thank you for everything you have already given me. If you have any suggestions on the best drone for me to get so that I can get out there with out using his I would love any and all input. Thank y'all.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum BroKyle
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome!
Not trying to start an ethics war, but what I've heard here in Michigan is that you cannot use drone for exactly that, scouting/hunting. Goes along the same rules of 24 hrs after flying in on plane and waiting to hunt in Alaska. Are the laws different in your state?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: BroKyle
Hi Kyle just be careful where you are, check weather all the time before flying, download airmap to login your flight and let people and airport know you're flying around there. Speaking of airports look at airspace where you are. If you are even allowed to fly without asking authorization first. I hope it helps.

Hello BroKyle
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Check local and state laws because some places it's not legal to use unmanned aircraft to scout for hunting. I'm not familiar with the exact ins and outs but have read a few times where in some places it's a big No-No. Better safe than sorry.

Safe flights and safe hunting :)
Allen

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome!
Not trying to start an ethics war, but what I've heard here in Michigan is that you cannot use drone for exactly that, scouting/hunting. Goes along the same rules of 24 hrs after flying in on plane and waiting to hunt in Alaska. Are the laws different in your state?

I'll have to look into that I'm not sure. We have multiple feeders (which are legal in tx) and want to be able to check all in the area without having to check our cameras. Thanks for looking out!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20