Known Nvidia Shield K1 / Litchi issue

Reaction score
I've flown my P4 using Litchi with an Nvidia Shield K1(nougat) for several months. I find the voice feedback very helpful. Also like the screen recording. Did a USB download of the screen recordings to my PC. No more voice. Then it came back. Then it went away. Found out why this morning.... From Litchi support:

"Hi,
DJI GO's voice uses sound files, Litchi uses the android speech system, both are very different and that's why one may work when the other doesn't.
Currently there is a known bug with the nvidia shield where the speech system sometimes stops working. One workaround is to restart the tablet then it works... until it stops working again. This is something Nvidia has to fix."

A simple tablet restart didn't work. I googled it and learned how to do factory reset/data wipe. After that, the tablet is just like you took it out if the box. Added my accounts and downloaded my flying apps, including Litchi 4.0.2 Died up the RC, aircraft and Litchi. Litchi speaks once again.

Next time I have to reset/wipe, I'm going to first back up my data and apps as you have a chance to restore them after doing the reset. Will save a bit of time.

If it happens again, before doing factory reset, try resetting Litchi's data cache first. If that works, that could save you some time.

If it happens again, before doing factory reset, try resetting Litchi's data cache first. If that works, that could save you some time.

Thanks... When/if it happens again, I'll give that a try. I phoned Nvidia Shield Tech Support (local call). They sent me an email to reply to if it does happen, along with instructions on sending them some tablet data. Said they would escalate up a level if it reoccurs. Sounds fairly reasonable to me... So we'll see what happens.

UPDATE:

Made 8 fights today with Nvidia Shield K1, using only Litchi app. Screen recording on three of the 8 flights. And, my P4 has latest fw. Zero issues. 1 FPV, 2 Orbit, and 3 Waypoint flights. 8 precision landings (one balked due to wind and landing protection stopped it about 4' above ground).

The Litchi voice feedback worked on every flight. I'm a pretty happy camper (well, flyer) right now. Think I'll reorder a P4 Pro..... Maybe I'll get a good one this time!

Reactions: NorthcountySD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20