Kill engines - "feature"

Sorry if this seems a bit off topic....there was another thread about a guy mid flight ..inadvertently moving his sticks into the turn off motors mode...his quad dropped like a brick. Many mentioned the fail safe etc. OK so I was messing with the simulator and sent the quad up to 50 feet or do, used the stop motors stick combos ....the props stop ..no pause...no delay its instant ...and it falls to the grass...which luckily cushions the fall and prevents it bursting all over the place!
I have not seen any mentions of this before..so if the sim reflects what a "real" P3 will do....must see if I can restart the motors before it hits the deck!
Just search the forum for the many others who have done it in the sim. It works in the sim if you go high enough. If you try it in real life, please post pictures of the wreckage.

For a start, here's the relevant part of the manual to show you what DJI say on the matter.
i-ZhRNmjb-XL.jpg

To stop your motors, you don't push left stick down 2 or 3 times - you hold it in the down position for 3 seconds.
You could put the left stick down 33 times (if you,re high enough) and it still wouldn't stop the motors.

I wished dji world rewrite the manual and have method 2 as standard landing procedure and have method 1 as emergency shut off.

Most would just read method 1 and ignore method 2. Others just dont even read...

I wished dji world rewrite the manual and have method 2 as standard landing procedure and have method 1 as emergency shut off.

Most would just read method 1 and ignore method 2. Others just dont even read...

I agree, I think method two is way more effective and practical. Especially when hand catching. The should flip them in the manual.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl