Just upgraded from a P3 standard to P4 is the gimbal supposed to tilt while strafing left and right?

Reaction score
So on the phantom 3 standard when you would move left or right (not turn but just strafe) the camera would not tilt with it the gimbal would keep the image fairly straight.

I got my p4 and it works amazing I'm loving it but one thing I'm noticing is that when I go left or right the camera instantly tilts with the crafts tilt, is this intended because everything else is working perfectly.

Here is an example of what I mean, excuse the bad quality I just uploaded straight from the phone app.

Ok I figured that out had it in "fpv" mode.

One other problem I'm having that is really bugging me.

With the P3S to connect the craft I would start the drone, start the controller, then connect to the wifi on my phone and I never had issues connecting. With the p4 I am constantly having to turn it off and on and try to start the devices up in different orders or I will only get "rc connected" with no visual view on my phone.

I usually am starting the p4, starting the remote, then plugging it into my phone. I've also tried to start the controller with the phone already plugged in and then start the P4 itself. I am still almost always having to turn one or the other off and on a view times before I will make a connection. Is there a specific order you should start the devices to solve this problem? It's really frustrating everytime I've flown it I have spent 10+ minutes trying to get it connected.

Last edited:
Thanks I followed those directions but still had the problem, had to turn the copter off and on a few times before it connected. When opening the app I will always get "rc connected" in the bottom left corner and I can move the gimbal with the radio but I just can't get the video to connect reliably. Still taking 3+ tries to get it to show the video.

During my fixed wing RC days, we always turned on the transmitter first, then the airplane. When finished flying, the airplane was shut down first, then the transmitter. The thought was if the airplane was activated first and there were any stray RF around, it might cause the controls to activate and maybe overextend their range. By having your own RF already there, fired up and waiting, it could be controlled. I never had any problems when I sometimes did not follow this exactly but most of my fellow flyers believed in it. Plus, I crashed a lot!

Jim
WA5TEF

When I first bought my P4 about 21 months ago I would occasionally have this problem. I haven’t had this problem in a while. I actually can’t remember the last time it’s happened and I fly all the time. I have close to 100 hrs on my P4 and have always fired it up in this order.

Put the device in the holder and connect a factory Apple cord to the controller. (This is for iOS devices). I make sure I have all apps closed on the device.

Put the props on the drone and set it where your going to take off with the battery installed.

Turn on the controller.

Turn on the drone.

Open your device and open your flying app.

Wait a few and all should be fine. At first you might get a disconnected warning, but that should go away soon.

I would also make sure all your firmware is up to date.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1