Just tried my first flight with way points

The other functions are ok , but having to pre-fly your way-points?! Jeezzz wtbf!! My 5 other UAVs using pix-hawk , APM and other FC systems do this so much better. What is wrong with DJI? Is it now owned by bl%%dy Apple who also have such a fondness to restrict what you buy of them how it should be used??

The best future for Waypoints will be if they allow both pre and during flight waypoint design. There are good uses for both modes.

Ok. I agree. Name it Ground station. It's useless. Name it cable cam, has some application.

actually, they did not name it "Ground Station". They named it "Way Points." - I agree, should have called it "Cable Cam Plus"... it does Heading-based Cable cam but doesn't actually do autopitch control - need Litchi for that!

I like the new process. It is safer to set up this way. A flyer should always have a flight plan, and it should not be too complicated anyway. Why would anyone need more than 3 waypoints per flight?
I say buy a couple spare batteries.

It's bull crap, I just purchased and downloaded the Litchi App for Android and the P3, it's a very nice app, I like it better than dji's. You can use the groundstation to program waypoints on the ground, with out the P3 on, (Except for the first time) From what I have read the support is very good also, and it works with the new FW 1.4

Does anyone know what we can expect for repeatability accuracy? Since this depends on GPS recordings, should we expect 10-15' accuracy? Also, if it's gets too close to something when flying it's programmed route, do you have the option to nudge the craft with the controller during the programmed flight, using the controller sticks?

If you make it a "favorite route" could you land, replace the battery, then do the route??

Does anyone know what we can expect for repeatability accuracy? Since this depends on GPS recordings, should we expect 10-15' accuracy? Also, if it's gets too close to something when flying it's programmed route, do you have the option to nudge the craft with the controller during the programmed flight, using the controller sticks?
I'd say it's withing a foot or so. You can't manually move the P3 while in way point mode (only rotate) you'd needed to take manual control. This is probably one reason DJI limited ot to 500m, so those objects could be seen.

I'd say it's withing a foot or so. You can't manually move the P3 while in way point mode (only rotate) you'd needed to take manual control. This is probably one reason DJI limited ot to 500m, so those objects could be seen.
Really, one foot? I didn't think GPS was that accurate. If it is, that's pretty darn accurate. It'd like to hear from someone that tests the accuracy to one foot. That would be fantastic. No need to nudge if it's really that accurate.

Last edited:
Really, one foot? I didn't think GPS was that accurate. If it is, that's pretty darn accurate.

The P3 can maintain its position within a few inches using GPS. Try this... fly the P3 to a waypoint that you can identify and then have the P3 automatically fly back to that spot. See what the distance is.

I think that people are not realizing the biggest disadvantage of waypoints vs. ground station. In ground station you could set waypoints on a map, and the phantom would fly itself, without needing the controller. Can't do that anymore.

I always wanted to be able to fly along a river that snakes through mountains. I never tried it, but I imagined plotting the path on a map. I know I couldn't do this with waypoints cause I would lose reception going around the bend.

Reactions: kirk2579
It's always nonsense until it really happens yeah? Then it's time to cry father cry mother.

Please stop. Seriously, stop. This is exactly the kind of fear mongering that kills all good things in life. You can do terroristic attacks today's without a drone. And if you want to use a drone you can use a p2, they are still available. Stopping technology from advancing because it can land in bad hands is never a good idea.

This reminds me of the TSA, every time a terrorist tries something new they subject us to more screening. First it was X-ray, then electronics, then shoes, then liquids. What's next? Diapers? There is always a way to get something done.

Bottom line dji, advance the technology, advance the sport.

Why are these DISAVANTAGES possible with external programmers ?
I liked very much the grounstation possibilities with my PH2.............
maybe DJI have to take over Litchi ?

Why are these DISAVANTAGES possible with external programmers ?
I liked very much the grounstation possibilities with my PH2.............
maybe DJI have to take over Litchi ?

Most likely this allows DJI... a billion dollar company... to appease law makers and keep them off their backs. 3rd party developers don't need to worry as much as they don't have a vested interest in the hardware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj