Just how long does the wifi battery last

Reaction score
I have a question.
Almost a year on..
How many charges or time on average would the WIFI unit battery last , mine has done well over 100 charges and still seems fine..
So how do you know when it's on its way out and also is it easy to replace either the battery or the unit
Obviously this is for the video feed only.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 483
Maybe you haven't received a reply as you aren't being specific enough. It seems you are referring to a video transmitter's battery, although I don't recognize the unit, probably since I haven't gotten into FPV yet.

I'm a bit confused as to your question asking if you should replace the battery or the unit. I can't answer regarding your product, but from more decades than I wish to reveal, in the electronics field and in selling many such products, replacing a rechargeable battery is cheaper more than 90% of the time.

As to symptoms of a failing battery, some symptoms are: Not fully charging, much shorter run time, sudden and rapid voltage drop that repeats, oozing, swelling, etc.

Please give more specifics and I'm sure you will get an educated answer! Perhaps you are referring to a Phantom vision model, which is my best guess. I don't know, but I imagine you have at least that many cycles left. I have a non-vision P2, V 2.0., so that is no help to you!

Apologies, yes it's a P2v wifi repeater , with the built in lipo ? Just wondered what's the best option when it expires at some point.
To fit a new lipo?
Or a new wifi unit

Sorry I typed a reply.. but didn't quite post...

anyways removing/replacing the battery would be pretty easy. To open the RE it just has 4 screws and then you carefully/slowly open it with a small flat screw driver.
I can't remember if the battery is soldered in or has a connector, but it would be pretty easy to replace... that is assuming you can buy replacement batteries... they might want you to fork out for a new unit and not sell replacements, not sure... The battery looks like a mobile phone battery, its pretty thin and rectangular...

If you can buy a replacement battery I'd just do that.. no point replacing everything... The battery seems to last for quite a while... a good few hours.. maybe 5 or 6 ?
Never really timed it.. but yeah I've done 50+ recharges on each of my phantom batteries (2 batteries) and only recharged the wifi maybe 4 or so times...

I noticed when the wifi gets to 0% the Phantom does a RTH.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr