Just got P4P and should I update firmware or not?

Reaction score
Just got a P4pro and it is prompting me to update the firmware. After reading some of the posts here mentioning trouble with the latest updates would I be better to wait for the next update?

Just got a P4pro and it is prompting me to update the firmware. After reading some of the posts here mentioning trouble with the latest updates would I be better to wait for the next update?

I received my P4P in mid Dec. Updated to latest firmware then, and then again recently.. No issues at all. Knock on wood.

You have to make that choice eventually, I have updated every time it comes up, no issues.

If you choose to update, it's wise to wait for reports from this forum confirming it's solid and worth the effort. Typically a month after it's released is a good waiting period, IMO.

I got mine on Christmas, updated the firmware and the video feed goes inverted. I had to downgrade to the previous firmware to alleviate the situation.

I got mine on Christmas, updated the firmware and the video feed goes inverted. I had to downgrade to the previous firmware to alleviate the situation.
Try restoring the latest firmware and see if issue persist. If so it might be grounds for replacement and you should definitely contact support. Mine started behaving strangely (wild image interference) and the sensor died shortly after. Better to fix these things while the drone has a guarantee.

Try restoring the latest firmware and see if issue persist. If so it might be grounds for replacement and you should definitely contact support. Mine started behaving strangely (wild image interference) and the sensor died shortly after. Better to fix these things while the drone has a guarantee.

DJI said the latest firmware update caused it and that I should downgrade to the previous firmware until the next update comes out.

DJI said the latest firmware update caused it and that I should downgrade to the previous firmware until the next update comes out.

Wonder why it doesn’t affect all? Got mine around the same time and have updated twice without that issue.

Well I updated the aircraft and the remote to the latest firmware and all is well. Finally warmed up enough here that I was able to take it for a short flight and it worked great.

Normal people....believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4