Just got a Phantom 3 NOT happy with customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I wanted this to be a totally positive thread, however people need to know whats going on with DJI
Said It was going to be 35-40 days, got here in 2 , go figure but happy so far!!!
Opened a SEALED BOX , and unpacked everything . Looked beautiful but one problem.... No battery !!!
I went online ..... O WOW the battery is inside the DRONE....... go back upstairs.... NOPE..
SO i called DJI Not once but 5 times. 95 minutes hold was longest 65 minutes was the shortest.
Each time I was hung up on after explaining to them , IT WAS SEALED!!! SEALED!!!
They barely spoke English, and the Managers basically didn't THey tell me can't help you and hung up.
So i went online Payed PREMIUM for a battery and 85 bucks overnight and was able to fly the next day.
I wont let this go. Its not going to happen. So if anyone has any tips let me know.

On to the positive . I published some videos to Youtube. Here is one I think you will like.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let me know what you guys think of them.

To be fair I've never heard of anything like this before, not sure how you 'prove' it wasn't there.
Hopefully they'll send you another.
You might have thought the production line could detect a suspect incomplete package from the reduced weight with a battery missing.

It is the sort of situation that credit card companies can cover. Short deliveries happen constantly so it shouldn't cause too much difficulty for anyone. In Europe companies that don't deal with customer complaints properly would eventually find themselves in court but obviously in the situation where a company is very stretched to supply demand there would be more lenience.

Reactions: J.James
They should have known by weight that the package was off. tell them to check shipping weight on shipping manifest. Even fedex may help you prove that.

On to the positive . I published some videos to Youtube. Here is one I think you will like.

Cool video - and the first time I've seen a Phantom being used in the rain. Is that risky? Could droplets cause an electrical short somewhere?

I wanted this to be a totally positive thread, however people need to know whats going on with DJI
Said It was going to be 35-40 days, got here in 2 , go figure but happy so far!!!
Opened a SEALED BOX , and unpacked everything . Looked beautiful but one problem.... No battery !!!
I went online ..... O WOW the battery is inside the DRONE....... go back upstairs.... NOPE..
SO i called DJI Not once but 5 times. 95 minutes hold was longest 65 minutes was the shortest.
Each time I was hung up on after explaining to them , IT WAS SEALED!!! SEALED!!!
They barely spoke English, and the Managers basically didn't THey tell me can't help you and hung up.
So i went online Payed PREMIUM for a battery and 85 bucks overnight and was able to fly the next day.
I wont let this go. Its not going to happen. So if anyone has any tips let me know.

You received a P3 direct from DJI in 2 days ??? And you ordered and received a battery overnight?? With that kind of luck you need to go out and buy a lottery ticket right now :)

Reactions: Skip holden
No...I got it from amazon. Wasn't from DJI

Oh dude... you should have called Amazon then... Amazon bends over backwards to make things right. If you haven't done that I would suggest you do... even if their advice was to call DJI at least you can say now that you did and DJI didn't help - I bet Amazon comes through for you.

Oh dude... you should have called Amazon then... Amazon bends over backwards to make things right. If you haven't done that I would suggest you do... even if their advice was to call DJI at least you can say now that you did and DJI didn't help - I bet Amazon comes through for you.

Definitely, Amazon customer service is top notch. I bought a TV from them and had an issue with some light bleeding. They offered me 35% off to keep it.

Reactions: loganboyd
I will only buy anything DJI from Amazon.... Already had to send one back last year due to DJI customer service... Prime is great!

Once the P3 parts are in market - and on Amazon is when I'll add a P3P to the stable

Reactions: Kenny Casey and jlo

This. It's one of the many reasons to buy from amazon.

Reactions: jlo

Yes, you absolutely should go to Amazon support. They will help you for sure. Awesome service.

You never know now a days who is honest and who is scamming.

Then here we have someone that creates an odd screen name, decides they'll finally join and become a member, and then to blow up on DJI.

But yet 2 days ago with his brand new P3P he is flying 1500ft above Lake Boone in Massachusetts.

Reactions: Falcon2015
I'm not blowing up....I'm upset. I love my DJI. I just think the creators don't realize their customer service is so lacking

You don't happen to have the info on the replacement battery, do you?

Btw, the Urban Dictionary says the definition for "Droning" is....

"The act of being either drunk or high and just sitting around doing nothing. This is not something to be proud of, you aren't socializing with girls or doing anything progressive."

Reactions: Jbundy63
I'm at a complete loss as to why you didn't immediately return the product to your "local dealer" since it was obviously defective in that it didn't have a required part.

Just confused as to why you would buy a thousand dollar drone and accept it didn't have everything as stated in the manual parts list. Your fault for not returning it. But you explode about DJI customer service which is, I'll admit, lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic