Just flew over 2km out with stock P2

Reaction score
Take a look if interested:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can't believe how good the range is on this thing. Was out in the country side, and tried my luck with a long range flight. Unfortunately, I forgot that a few days before, I set 2km as the distance limit. I could have flied much further probably on the stock antennas.

Video was clear all the way, will try 3km next time. :))

Reactions: Ace Bentura
Nice job , 2.4 KM was my limit with the stock setup but that was in the neighbourhood . Be careful this long range stuff is addictive :) nice scenery where is that?

Last edited:
Hello, 2.3 km for me so far.It didn't lost signal.Long range fpv is addictive for sure. How far can you go with the stock tx?Some people say as far as your battery will last for the journey back to home...

Impressive! Beautiful landscape, too.

I don't think I'm that brave (or crazy!) enough to try this though :)

Reactions: MrTommy
Hello, 2.3 km for me so far.It didn't lost signal.Long range fpv is addictive for sure. How far can you go with the stock tx?Some people say as far as your battery will last for the journey back to home...
My stock 2.4 antenna would take my favorite flight path 3.8 miles before RTH. The stock p2 antennas are great.(didnt stop me from upgrading & pushing it farther though)

My stock 2.4 antenna would take my favorite flight path 3.8 miles before RTH. The stock p2 antennas are great.(didnt stop me from upgrading & pushing it farther though)
dirtybum 3.8 miles is a great distance,keep on keeping on...I have on my p2 a simple lightweight mobius cam mini osd and the vtx ready for the long trip.

dirtybum 3.8 miles is a great distance,keep on keeping on...I have on my p2 a simple lightweight mobius cam mini osd and the vtx ready for the long trip.
Yep, got the p2 setup as light as possible just for long distance. With the upgrade antenna ive taken it 4.4 and back. Slight wind that trip. Waiting for perfect day i know it can do 5 and back but batterywise thats about it

Great flight. The best I've done so far it 4765 ft. ( little less then a mile.) I lost both my telemetry and control. I was blind for 2 minutes before it came back and was showing the drone coming home and 1500 ft out. That was over an alfalfa field that was about 12 inches high. From my understanding field like that will absorb the signal.

Took my P2V+ out this morning and was able to take it out to 5604 ft ( 1.7km). I'm enjoying this more then my P3 adv. Here is the log data from Flight replay.

willis

Update, I've don't some miner mods to the drone ( cloverleaf of the RX) and winder surfer on the the controller tx antenna , also mounted a external 10 inch antenna on to the range extender. I was able to push it little over 7000 ft. I got cold feet and turned around.

Yeah long range travel is really addictive. My longest recorded flight from where i stand is 450m. I got 250MW FPV transmitter with cloverleaf antennas so i could probably go further but my battery is not to trust (atleast not the old one i used then). I bought a new one today to try as fast nice weather is coming so i'm going to try to go further. Maybe to locate some of the venison that has started to wander on the farmland 500-600m away? Last time i tried to record them they ran off when i was 40m away with the drone but i was standing close myself so my own presence might have warned them all ready.

Hey guys, wow, I wish I was that brave to push my P2 all that way lol! What are you using for your vtx to get that range? I have a gopro hero 3+ with a 600mw vtx but I seem to lose that signal pretty quickly, should I be looking for something more powerful or is there something I can do to get these sorts of ranges from my camera?

Regards,

Andy.

Hey guys, wow, I wish I was that brave to push my P2 all that way lol! What are you using for your vtx to get that range? I have a gopro hero 3+ with a 600mw vtx but I seem to lose that signal pretty quickly, should I be looking for something more powerful or is there something I can do to get these sorts of ranges from my camera?

Regards,

Andy.
I 've never tried it with the go pro setup. just the stock camera on the P2v+ version.
upload some pictures of your setup we can see what your using. What antenna are you using on your drone?

I 've never tried it with the go pro setup. just the stock camera on the P2v+ version.
upload some pictures of your setup we can see what your using. What antenna are you using on your drone?
Hey there, sorry for the delay in replying, I didn't notice the email telling me that you had replied lol! I can get some pictures this evening when I get home and post them. I have been looking at some 2000mw vtx and also a uhf set up which I would put on my custom 650 but I just want to be able to fly the P2 without losing vtx signal when I get about 200mtr away!

here is the Vtx and antenna, it's just a standard cloverleaf one. The Vtx is a 600mw one and i would have thought that i would get a better range than around 200mtr, sometimes i don't even get that range. I am really considering on getting myself a 2000mw Vtx so that i may get a much better range.

Attachments

• 15319452_10154830292907848_822472968_n(1).jpg
    15319452_10154830292907848_822472968_n(1).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 15356806_10154830295007848_847716166_n.jpg
    15356806_10154830295007848_847716166_n.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 385
here is the Vtx and antenna, it's just a standard cloverleaf one. The Vtx is a 600mw one and i would have thought that i would get a better range than around 200mtr, sometimes i don't even get that range. I am really considering on getting myself a 2000mw Vtx so that i may get a much better range.
Play with the angle of the clover leaf. Try aiming it straight out the back or more out to the side.

Reactions: Andy Ritchie
Hi there, i already did all that lol! I am thinking about getting another set of antennas which may be better than the ones i have now. I have a set of Fat Shark antennas but they are worse than the ones i have on there now lol!
I think that i may just get the 2000mw Vtx so that i can try it out, i am not looking to get miles of range, i just want to be able to see what i am doing a bit further away than 200mtrs lol!
I am getting a UHF set up for my bigger drones but the P2 probably wouldn't like carrying all the extra weight!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic