Just flew over 2km out with stock P2

Hi there, i already did all that lol! I am thinking about getting another set of antennas which may be better than the ones i have now. I have a set of Fat Shark antennas but they are worse than the ones i have on there now lol!
I think that i may just get the 2000mw Vtx so that i can try it out, i am not looking to get miles of range, i just want to be able to see what i am doing a bit further away than 200mtrs lol!
I am getting a UHF set up for my bigger drones but the P2 probably wouldn't like carrying all the extra weight!!
what type of antenna do you have on the other end. Clover leaf likes a clover leaf at the other or di pole. does not like a panel. It will work but not the best.

Reactions: Andy Ritchie
Hi there, i already did all that lol! I am thinking about getting another set of antennas which may be better than the ones i have now. I have a set of Fat Shark antennas but they are worse than the ones i have on there now lol!
I think that i may just get the 2000mw Vtx so that i can try it out, i am not looking to get miles of range, i just want to be able to see what i am doing a bit further away than 200mtrs lol!
I am getting a UHF set up for my bigger drones but the P2 probably wouldn't like carrying all the extra weight!!
FPVLR.com 5.8 Ghz premium kit over 2 miles range , best antennas I've used for the P2 , save your money on the 1,000 mw Vtx tried it no real difference over the immersion rc 600 mW save that money and put it toward the antennas...

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy Ritchie
what type of antenna do you have on the other end. Clover leaf likes a clover leaf at the other or di pole. does not like a panel. It will work but not the best.
I have cloverleaf at both ends, I suspect that the Vrx inbuilt to the screen is probably crap! I have another screen and a boscam Vrx which I am going to try testing it the first chance I get!

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

FPVLR.com 5.8 Ghz premium kit over 2 miles range , best antennas I've used for the P2 , save your money on the 1,000 mw Vtx tried it no real difference over the immersion rc 600 mW save that money and put it toward the antennas...
Thanks for that pal. I will see what difference using the boscam Vrx makes. I am thinking about getting a UHF system for my custom 650 so I can use my P2 for closer flying.

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20