Just don't get it

Reaction score
Bought a phantom 2. It was listed as a v3.0. It was just the phantom with no zenmuse or camera. It has the new sheilded compass, new motors, and new props. I can't find one phantom 2 v3 listed anywhere. I have found the v3 vision plus. It's is like the vision + stripped of the goodies. Is that what it is? And is the avi 5.8 a plug and play option for this phantom? Would i be able to use cameras other then a go pro with it? And does it support apple and android products? Would I be able to use a fox tech 5.8 dvr monitor if I choose? Or any goggles. Just want a glitch free open option system I can use to take pics and video as a hobbiest.

Yep if its listed as a 3.0 they are wrong what you got is a 2.0 .
What did you pay for it ?
What did you think or rather what did you want ?

Welcome to the forum :D

It says 2.0. That's where all the confusion comes in. I paid 450 new. Free shipping. It has all the upgrades as the vision plus. I really don't get it. I wanted a ph. 2 v3

It says 2.0. That's where all the confusion comes in. I paid 450 new. Free shipping. It has all the upgrades as the vision plus. I really don't get it. I wanted a ph. 2 v3
The one you got was the latest and is the P2 equivalent of the P2V+ v3
The confusion comes because there was no P2v3 but some people refer to the P2v2 as a v3

No it's a P2 without the Vision+ crap. :D There are aftermarket gimbals available that should accept different cameras. What type of cam were you wanting to use? The P2nv is the perfect platform to mod.

PS - It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s. Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: Christy
Like everyone else said you got a Non vision P2 2.0 for the price thats good deal for some more money you could have got the zenmuse perfect gimbal for the P2 nv witch takes a GoPro .
If you wanted a cam witch would be the P2V+ 3.0 that comes with the cam and all you need is a cell phone . Cost more I think they around $700 (not sure)
The bird you have is a great bird if you like mod work hands on . If you just want to have all the fun without some work the P2V would be better .
FYI :
P2 nv flys on 2.4 and FPV uses 5.8
P2V & V+ flys on 5.8 and FPV uses 2.4 (cell phone ready)

Yes me being the brainiac I am I realized I could of had the complete setup for a bit more. But thinking about it, I do like modifying things. So going back to the origional part 2 question in the origional post. Is the avl5.8 plug and play? Are there any plug and play set ups avaliable? What cheaper gimbal do you recommend? I was looking at a gopro 3 white. Don't really need a gopro for anything other then my ph2 so can I use the regular hero or the 2? Are there any other cameras that do the job just as good? Monitor. I was looking at a foxtech monitor 7 inch with dvr. I definitely want a dvr. Goggles what brand is sufficient? Do they have dvr ? What do you guys think of them ? Can any tx rx setup transmit to a regular android or iPad? What about all in one 5.8wifi camera like as a example the ilook? I have flown heli and blade quads regularly in the past so my basic orientation. And flying skills in general are up to par.

Welcome Tree. You are on the right track to build a great bird for taking great video and pictures but you have a lot to learn and research. I would go with a GoPro 3. I have a black but the white would certainly work very well too. You want to add a Zenmuse gamble for the GoPro. No you won't be able to use a phone or ipad with the P2nv (non vision). I would start out with a monitor and not goggles. Do a lot of reading about using goggles before adding those to your setup. It really helps to have another person with you to always keep an eye on the bird so that you can watch the monitor and not worry about losing the your bird into tress or a building.

I wouldn't worry about special long distance antennas for awhile. Learn to fly your bird in a big open area first and get use to the controlling the bird as you shoot some video while watching the monitor. The great reason for thinking DVR is to capture the iSOD data if you add a mini iSOD to your setup. I would if I were you. So much great information is overlaid over your camera video like altitude, battery level, horizontal distance from you, etc. I would figure on at least a $250 to $350 for all of your FPV setup.

Like I said, go slow with everything. Even take your bird out with a friend and just get use to flying it around (away from trees if you can) with a friend looking on with you. You can actually have a lot of fun even before you get the camera and everything else going. Of course be sure to keep you bird within your line of sight. I think that Fox thingamajig with the DVR built in sound great. I wish I had one. I like my black pearl but I've been wanting to add DVR.

Oh, I started to say you only need the DVR to record and go over your flight statistics. You don't need it for the video or photos you shoot. You just pop out the SD memory card from the GoPro and pop it in your computer to watch the what you shot. I do that right away after my flights, copying the data to my computer and deleting the files from SD to keep it empty for my next flight. Incidentally, don't think that you'll only use that GoPro on the Phantom. It makes a handy little camera for a lot of things including some selfy stuff with it mounted on a monopod.

Don't forget to do some searches on YouTube for Phantom Non Vision. You'll find a wealth of information on there plus you'll get to see what some people have done with the setup you're building. Sorry to be so long winded but I love to try and help newbies from making some of the mistakes that I made.

Welcome Treetop. I'm 2 months in on here, and everyone has been great. I've learned a LOT from here. I totally agree with Bluegrass, take your time, read the manual a million times, fly slow for a while. I'm still afraid to take it up too high, I get nervous... lol. But I'm sure I'll be fine. I really enjoy flying it, and my 8 year old son does too.

I have the P2NV with the Zenmuse H4-3D because I already had a GoPro Hero 4 Black. Soon I will be adding FPV so I'm sure that will take the fun up to a new level, so to speak... :)

And again, as Bluegrass said, search YouTube for videos. I've seen a bunch that REALLY helped me out.

Enjoy!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl