Blue List Drones for contractors

Reaction score
Website
www.aerialdroneservices1.com
Well FL Governor passed a Drone Ban law for the state agencies.
Does anyone know of legislation that talks about contractor and vendors not being able to use non - blue listed drones?
I know the laws state that state agencies cannot purchase or use non- blue listed drones...But is there anything stating we cannot use non- blue listed drones if we do services for the state agencies...?

I am going to assume the answer is going to be no, from the state of FL. If you are being paid by a state agency or from state funds provided to a contractor, you will more than likely be required to fly with a blue-listed drone. My plan, if this happens in my state, is to increase my estimate to include the price of one of these drones and purchase it upon being awarded the contract. I think most of this is nothing more than a political move from the drone industry lobbyists, to force smaller drone services companies/individual pilots to increase their estimates/bids to include the price of these very expensive blue-listed drones. Therefore, evening out the playing field with the larger fleet-based companies, they will no longer be underbid by the smaller to mid-size drone companies.

Example of Blue-Listed Drones and their estimated prices
Parrot Anafi USA Gov $ 14,000.00
Teal Golden Eagle $ 14,800.00
Sensefly eBee Tac $ 24,500.00 no payload sold separately
Ascent Spirit UAV CORE $ 13,999.00 no payload sold separately
Freefly Alta X DIU $ 36,000.00 no payload sold separately plus customization
Teledyne Flir Siras $ 9,695.00
Inspired Flight IF750 (Blue UAS Certified) $ 18,000.00 no payload
Flight IF1200A - Blue UAS Official Kit $ 30,000.00 no payload.
Manufacturer Apoved Companies
Anafi USA ($7,000.00)
Anafi AI ($4,500.00)

Reactions: CoreySnipes
Well FL Governor passed a Drone Ban law for the state agencies.
Does anyone know of legislation that talks about contractor and vendors not being able to use non - blue listed drones?
I know the laws state that state agencies cannot purchase or use non- blue listed drones...But is there anything stating we cannot use non- blue listed drones if we do services for the state agencies...?
Not from Florida, but just thinking of the realm of how contractors and sub-contractors work. If you are hired as a sub contractor for a project you are legally binded to the same standards as the contractor. This prevents sub-contractors from using sub-par materials and practices on any given project. Now this may or may not apply towards drones, as a drone is simply a tool. With that being said, if the contract states that all rules of GCP in accordance with State & Federal guidelines then you may have a problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl