Just bought a P3P at an auction

Reaction score
P3P video is just green and or pink on my display. Only occasionally will it flicker to the actual camera view. It flew one time flawlessly and then I crashed it lightly. It stubbed a skid on the ground and flipped over onto it’s top. Now no video, What did I break? And, are these things always this fragile?

No, they are not that fragile. You obviously bought a P3 with problems to start with. More information is needed to analyze the problem. Are you getting any Telemetry on the screen? Does the gimbal work okay when you move the wheel? It could be the connection of the ribbon cable to the camera? Possibly just the black and gray Wi-Fi wires which is a simple fix. Definitely need more information to help you.

Telemetry seems fine. I flew it around this morning with just the GPS on the display. Distance from the home point and altitude all seem accurate. Just the screen on my device is pinkish, purpleish, or greenish, and sometimes a blend of all the above. I have tried to get it to flicker by manually pushing wire harnesses on the camera, gently of course. Like maybe there is a short somewhere, but that seems to do nothing. I loaded the dji go app on my Son’s ipad and operated the drone with it, but got the same results. Where are the wifi wires you mentioned? By the way, this is the first drone I have ever bought and or operated. So please excuse my ignorance.

Also, if I take a picture or video, the picture will be exactly what is on the screen, ie. green, pink , purple etc.

Last edited:
Your wifi seems fine. It gives the telemetry. Does the gimbal move? If it moves alright then it is probably the camera. Try to keep your mobile devices on airplane mode when flying. Good luck.

P3P video is just green and or pink on my display. Only occasionally will it flicker to the actual camera view. It flew one time flawlessly and then I crashed it lightly. It stubbed a skid on the ground and flipped over onto it’s top. Now no video, What did I break? And, are these things always this fragile?
It's most likely either the camera or the ribbon cable. 99% of the image issues I have seen discussed have been corrected by replacing the ribbon cable.

Telemetry seems fine. I flew it around this morning with just the GPS on the display. Distance from the home point and altitude all seem accurate. Just the screen on my device is pinkish, purpleish, or greenish, and sometimes a blend of all the above. I have tried to get it to flicker by manually pushing wire harnesses on the camera, gently of course. Like maybe there is a short somewhere, but that seems to do nothing. I loaded the dji go app on my Son’s ipad and operated the drone with it, but got the same results. Where are the wifi wires you mentioned? By the way, this is the first drone I have ever bought and or operated. So please excuse my ignorance.
It's most likely either the camera or the ribbon cable. 99% of the image issues I have seen discussed have been corrected by replacing the ribbon cable.
Your wifi seems fine. It gives the telemetry. Does the gimbal move? If it moves alright then it is probably the camera. Try to keep your mobile devices on airplane mode when flying. Good luck.
cam

Any thoughts on where to get a ribbon cable? Like, does if have to be dji brand stuff, or are aftermarket parts good?

If you change the ribbon cable, look in the top gimbal module. There is a sticker there. If it is red, that means it's been under water. There is one in the camera too.

Reactions: LarBear360

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31