Jumping into P4 World

Reaction score
Been flying Hubsan to learn and feel confident enough to get a P4 to film some important promo videos I have been fortunate to have been tasked with. I am wheelchair bound and was gonna go Mavic Pro just for convenience of carrying. Research has led me to P4. would like to buy Pro but everything says not available till January.I need to shoot video in about 3 weeks. But hat to buy P4 Advanced When I know I'll want Pro later and prob upgrade to inspire if things go my way.
Right now 1920 1080p is going to be fine for youtube. What exactly is P4 Advanced compared To P4 And P4 Pro. Please help me decide what's best.
I have decided I might have to hire someone to shoot 1st video so that option is open so as not to make a rushed decision.

There is no Advanced P4 Sierra. There is just the P4 and The P4 Pro. The pro has a lot of upgrades on it compared to the reg P4. The camera is much much better especially for stills. The camera has a 1in. size sensor in it that is comparable to a lot of DSLR's. Next big upgrade is that it has sensors in back and sides now. So there is now object avoidance in all directions basically. Very handy in nailing some shots while flying backwards and sideways. There are many improvements that have been made to the P4 Pro for sure. But let me tell you I have been flying the reg P4 for over 8 mos now. And it is an incredible bird as well. It has performed perfectly for me! So it's really just about how much you want to spend right now. They have dropped the reg P4 to 999.00 bucks now. Unreal deal for this bird. And the new P4 Pro is 1499.00 without a built-in screen or 1799.00 with the built-in screen. Hope this helps.

For practically the same camera results, the P3P may satisfy your requirement also. I have P4 and P3P, the video is practically identical, same with photos. Both are great. Brand new the P3Pro is now only $999 from DJI direct and most dealers, when the P3Adv is also $799 from DJI, but some dealers are selling for $749. So go with P3Pro unless money isn't an issue, then go the P4 for $999. If you're not in the US, the P3P or P4 may be your best choices, but in the US you should be able to get the P4Pro next week from several places in Calif for $1499.

Last edited:
For practically the same camera results, the P3P may satisfy your requirement also. I have P4 and P3P, the video is practically identical, same with photos. Both are great. Brand new the P4Pro is now only $799 from DJI direct and most dealers, when the P3Adv is also $799 from DJI, but some dealers are selling for $749. So go with P3Pro unless money isn't an issue, then go the P4 for $999. If you're not in the US, the P3P or P4 may be your best choices, but in the US you should be able to get the P4Pro next week from several places in Calif for $1499.
You mean't to say that the brand new P3 Pro is now 799 right John? Then you quoted the correct price for the pro at the end. lol

I hadn't considered the P3 Pro but I will check it out, From research the added sensor on the back of the P4 Pro is great for shot where the camera is going backward and you are moving forward. This is not available on P3 Pro or P4? Now that I say that I'm not sure it is available on the Mavic. As with everything money is an issue, no different than anyone else, actually paralyzed on disability hoping to be able to make some money so I think starting with the P4 Pro is going to keep me from having to go back to the well so to speak. Thanks for input and offer any more you may think of, hope to be able to contribute sooner than later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers