Occusync (P4PV2.0) or Lightbridge P4 Advanced

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on whether to buy the Phantom 4 Advanced (Lightbridge) or the new Phantom 4 Pro V.2 (with Occusync) I've read that the Mavic Pro does very well with the Occusync technology but can't find a lot of info otherwise.

I've had a Phantom 4 for the past year and it's been pretty good overall but the video feed is not always 100% at moderate distances and thru moderate tree coverage.

My main goal is to upgrade for the better camera on either the P4PV2.0 or P4 Advanced but would like to reap the benefit of occusync if it's worth it. I want to have the best communications possible with the aircraft (don't care about goggles). Any advice would be appreciated.

I just bought the v2 but if you are not interested in the goggles, I would not recommend spending the money just to get occusync. I think that Lightbridge may be gone, but that doesn't make it unreliable or anything other than really good.

Occusync on the Mavic eats my P4P's lunch. I get almost double the range on my Mavic in all scenarios.
If you're looking for better signal get the 2.0 with Occusync IMHO.

The biggest thing is that Lightbridge favors image transmission quality over range. However, I have yet to see OccuSync outperform LightBridge. If you get double the transmission range, your remote is defective. I have gotten over 3 miles with both.

Let's see... same price and there are additional features on the v2. Why not go with the v2?
I think he's comparing the Advance and not the V1.0 P4P... not the same price. Also my Mavic and my P4P are about equal when it comes to range. Image transmission quality goes to my Mavic over long distance.

I think he's comparing the Advance and not the V1.0 P4P... not the same price. Also my Mavic and my P4P are about equal when it comes to range. Image transmission quality goes to my Mavic over long distance.

You are correct. The Advanced in about $300 less than the P4P most places (like B&H). I am hearing and reading from many Mavic Pro owners like you that the Mavic Pro is really good as far as image transmission and dependable signal. I'm definitely leaning heavily now on the P4P2.0. Thanks for the input.

The biggest thing is that Lightbridge favors image transmission quality over range. However, I have yet to see OccuSync outperform LightBridge. If you get double the transmission range, your remote is defective. I have gotten over 3 miles with both.
I'm discussing video - range *does* affect quality also y'know.
So lemme rephrase it for you - the video degrades and drops out far sooner on my P4P than on my Mavic all other things being equal.

Yup i have both and ocusync wins...now op is talking about advance and that is just 2.4 and not 5.8 like p4p has (which i find better on 5.8..) so just go with the v2.0 plus this ocusync is dual band. 2.4/5.8 should be killer.. and looks like its the future with dji
I also want to note p4p does get good signal but u have to go higher the farther u go out....and it just cuts right out when u do lose signal.. mav with ocusync i could be a mile away at 30 ft high....and still have a crisp signal...and it wouldnt just cut right out....thats the difference and thats on the noisy 2.4ghz band. Now we will get both 2.4 and 5.8!

Good comparison here:

Tldr, occusync would be the better choice,

Thank you very muchTomas, this is a very informative video.

I recently did a project for a client taking photos and video of a parcel of land that was covered with trees (no leaves yet). He wanted evidence of some debris that was dumped on his property. I wasn't very far from the drone but the trees were blocking my view of the drone most of the time. I flew the Phantom 4 version and lost video signal occasionally for a couple of seconds each time.

I now plan to buy the Pro V2.0 based upon the video you provided and other comments as well. It would be interesting to repeat the project and see the difference. I watched another video where the pilot operated a Mavic Pro and a Mavic Air under similar conditions and the Mavic Pro did a lot better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomas Wangen
If you have a micro center they are selling the P4P for $999 and $1299 for the plus. You might be able to get the plus for $1099, since that was the original price.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj