Is the P4 part of a new series?

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to buy a new DJI UAV now, P4 looks very interesting, especially the optical avoidance system and a sleaker look.

Judging my other Phantom's over the years, there have been models under the various code names, like P3 has the pro and advanced. With a lowish (and discounted a bit price) for the P4 would it be safe to say another P4 will come out before the end of the year? Maybe with leg retracts (like the Inspire)?

I'll wait a few months if this is the case...just asking if anyone knows any thing,

thanks.

Nick

Last edited:
Just my .02

I think the P4 is not going to change dramatically. I think it is what it is. I think any significant changes will be in a new P5.

I think DJI is trying to keep interest in both the Phantom line and the Inspire line. I think DJI is trying to keep the Phantom line simple and portable with what I'll call complex and advanced features for the Inspire line.

Seems like DJI puts out a new bird annually so I wouldn't be surprised to see a P5 sometime in the Spring of 2017...

Hi,

Looking to buy a new DJI UAV now, P4 looks very interesting, especially the optical avoidance system and a sleaker look.

Judging my other Phantom's over the years, there have been models under the various code names, like P3 has the pro and advanced. With a lowish (and discounted a bit price) for the P4 would it be safe to say another P4 will come out before the end of the year? Maybe with leg retracts (like the Inspire)?

I'll wait a few months if this is the case...just asking if anyone knows any thing,

thanks.

Nick

Reactions: gppms and nickyb
DJI has mentioned at least 2 lines of RTF multi-rotors in the past. This can also be referred to as Market Segmentation.
The Phantoms are the lower-tier Consumer segment.
The Inspire was referred to as a Pro-Sumer offering.
Another thing to consider.... DJI's high-tier flight or master controllers alone cost as much or more than an RTF Phantom.

Reactions: nickyb
Just my .02

I think the P4 is not going to change dramatically. I think it is what it is. I think any significant changes will be in a new P5.

I think DJI is trying to keep interest in both the Phantom line and the Inspire line. I think DJI is trying to keep the Phantom line simple and portable with what I'll call complex and advanced features for the Inspire line.

Seems like DJI puts out a new bird annually so I wouldn't be surprised to see a P5 sometime in the Spring of 2017...

I remember reading this as well that DJI was consolidating all models into one for the P4.

Just my .02

Thanks for the info, point taken.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic