Jello Removal Tips

If you got one of the jello gimbals you cant do much against jello. The pulsating vibrations coming from the gimbal itself and dampeners etc wont change that at all. Service center can recalibrate it, thats the only solution here that make sense. ND filter will only mask the problem and you can see the vibrations even with low shutter speed. DJI have a great percentage in lemon gimbals it seems, some are working totally smooth even with fast shutter speeds.

If you got one of the jello gimbals you cant do much against jello. The pulsating vibrations coming from the gimbal itself and dampeners etc wont change that at all. Service center can recalibrate it, thats the only solution here that make sense. ND filter will only mask the problem and you can see the vibrations even with low shutter speed. DJI have a great percentage in lemon gimbals it seems, some are working totally smooth even with fast shutter speeds.
Don't think that is the problem in my case. In zero wind it's smooth as glass.

Don't think that is the problem in my case. In zero wind it's smooth as glass.
Just film without starting the motors, if sou have jello you have a lemon. Mine produces tons of jello while on the ground and you can hear it too, there is a certain noise from the gimbal. After that you can film while you tilt the phantom around with your hand again without starting the motors. In all of those scenarios we "lemon owners" get tons of jello, set the shutter speed higher to better see the problems.

Good to know - but you can't set the shutter speed on a Hero 4 Black can you? Or you just mean to reduce it by adding an ND filter?
True but this is about the P3, not gopro. The gopro has the problem of cranking up iso when you put the nd filter on it as well which is not ideal. Like you said you cant choose a certain shutter speed

I tried the ear plug trick. The P3 is a bit tighter then the Zenmuse. Had a lot of trouble getting them in.

But some of the black isolation balls from the Zenmuse on and will try again on a sunny day.

From experence there is only 1 prop balancer that works. Its the DU-PRO. You can buy a shaft that will balance your props for both CCW and CW props (each end of the shaft had the correct thread for your props). 90% of props from DJI are unbalanced. If we are talking perfection then 90% is being modest.
As for the jello there are a few causes but simply put an ND filter will sort the problem out.

True but this is about the P3, not gopro. The gopro has the problem of cranking up iso when you put the nd filter on it as well which is not ideal. Like you said you cant choose a certain shutter speed
Right you are. Got confused about which thread I was on, though most of the points on this topic are still relevant. So you CAN adjust the shutter speed on a P3, is that correct?

Just film without starting the motors, if sou have jello you have a lemon. Mine produces tons of jello while on the ground and you can hear it too, there is a certain noise from the gimbal. After that you can film while you tilt the phantom around with your hand again without starting the motors. In all of those scenarios we "lemon owners" get tons of jello, set the shutter speed higher to better see the problems.
Great tip. In my case I just went back to the footage I already had before starting the motors, and there is no gimbal twitch.
So DJI won't make good on the warranty for those?

From experence there is only 1 prop balancer that works. Its the DU-PRO. You can buy a shaft that will balance your props for both CCW and CW props (each end of the shaft had the correct thread for your props). 90% of props from DJI are unbalanced. If we are talking perfection then 90% is being modest.
As for the jello there are a few causes but simply put an ND filter will sort the problem out.

Speedy Prop Balancer has CW and CCW threaded ends, works very well IMO. I flew after the balancing and the minor jello I had observed seemed to have gone away. Of the four that I was flying with one was off significantly (blade tipped vertically on the balancer) and the others were off slightly (~10 degrees off level).

End result was worth it. I know some people have said they've gotten very good props, the batch I have (roughly 16 of them) was not so great. At the end of the day it won't hurt my flights - so I feel it's worth the time to check and balance.

Great tip. In my case I just went back to the footage I already had before starting the motors, and there is no gimbal twitch.
So DJI won't make good on the warranty for those?
yes you can set the shutter speed manually and ISO unlike the gopros. Is your gimbal sounding differently when tilting it down etc.. ? Normally when there is a change in sound you can feel vibrations during that moment. My gimbal made pulsating beeps or buzzes and vibrations during those beeps. Those beeps sounded like the noises it makes when you update FW.

Sound start at 0:41

yes you can set the shutter speed manually and ISO unlike the gopros. Is your gimbal sounding differently when tilting it down etc.. ? Normally when there is a change in sound you can feel vibrations during that moment. My gimbal made pulsating beeps or buzzes and vibrations during those beeps. Those beeps sounded like the noises it makes when you update FW.

Mine doesn't make any different noise that I have noticed. It's right now waiting for repair so I can't test it today.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik