Jello issue solved?

Reaction score
My first several flights were perfect - none of the "jello" issues I had with my P2 and I've seen several people have with their P3s. Thought I was just lucky...

Then I loaded some footage and BOOM - Jello. Ripples at nearly every turn. Very frustrated I tried to trouble shoot and voila - I had changed my file type to mp4. Shouldn't matter, right? I changed it back to MOV and the problem disappeared. I never changed the framerate or resolution, I just changed the file type to mp4 a couple flights back. Just tested with .mov and it's perfect.

So anyone having the problem - try that. No idea why this matters, but it was night and day for me.

Reactions: Stan_in_KS
To be clear, you recommend just sticking with MOV, not switching to MP4 and then switching BACK to MOV, right? (I don't have mine yet to oeut until next week)

It came .mov I believe. Working in video, I usually find .mp4 takes up less space with comparable compression - so I switched it to .mp4 and the jello was INSTANT. So yes, stay with .MOV - or actually, if anyone else could do some tests and see if they can recreate the issue so we can be sure it's the format. It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me why that would matter, but again - night and day. MOV = no jello. mp4 = tons of jello.

Reactions: Stan_in_KS
It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me why that would matter, but again - night and day. MOV = no jello. mp4 = tons of jello.
Doesn't make sense at all. Mp4 and MOV are just containers of the video. Guessing you're playing back on a Mac then?

I'm not on a mac. I know man, it doesn't make sense... but the difference was immediate.

But does it make sense?

(here we go with the memes)

1) Bin in the Root
2) Mov to lose Jello

No jello here in mp4, 10 flights now.

I really am starting to think it has to do with frame rate, video format... the problem is there's no way to know it's happening until you view the file.. so changing formats and frame rates on the fly is useless. May also have to do with shutter speed... which means if you're on auto, depending on the light of your area it will happen and then stop automatically. But it's not the drone or the gimbal. It's a camera setting issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31