Jello in video - best damper?

Reaction score
soim experiencing jello in my videos. I switched from the white dampers t0 the gray ones, but it didnt help much.

I have my props balanced..but I will try a fresh pair anyway.

Out of the dampers provided, which ones are the best to use?

Try a small piece of soft rubber sheet between camera and gimbal..

What got rid of my jello was putting the black 50s in the front stuffed with foam ear plugs and then the the whites in the back. This pretty much eliminated about 90% of all my jello in all light conditions. I also have rubber washers where the gimbal mounts up against the body, but only the dampener combo got rid of most of the jello.

dragonash said:
Mandrake said:

between the gopro and the metal plate it rests on?
Yep..worked for me..stopped all the buzzing too..

dragonash said:
Mandrake said:

between the gopro and the metal plate it rests on?
Yep..got rid of motor buzz as well.

Its the stuff some small shops sell for putting on shelves to stop stuff sliding around.Its got square holes in it..

I dont think the vibrations are caused by the gopro housing and the zenmuse frame. I have strong jello effect and nothing helped. I would think the motor bearing of the phantoms also have something to do with it. I made every possible trick you can imagine but nothing really helped. the right props and balanced helped only a bit. earplugs in the black dampeners also helped a small amount. blocking the gopro charging function did not much as well. Sorbothane made it worse. gains made no difference. anti interference board was no help or better said i had it installed from the beginning. I think the phantom kind of shakes in the air and the gimbal as well. Maybe the trick are new motor bearings, not much ppl looking after that option but its crucial for smooth flying. So maybe better bearings will smooth the vibrations away.

What i realized is that the phantom without props is vibrating alot at a certain angle when you tilt it in your hands. When you hold it flat into your hands there are no vibrations.

Another thing is my gimbal will buzz when the gopro is pointed to the bottom, when i install the gopro with rubber bands instead of the original clip it will buzz much louder.

This may not be relative, but lift off about eye level and see how much your legs are vibrating, then swap the props front and back (both and then one set at a time to see if the vibration gets any worse or better) I came across this by accident when I hovered at eye level and noticed the vibration was the lowest I had ever seen, there was none (you could fell it slightly if placing a finger on one of the legs). But I landed, took props off and went inside to adjust fpv antenna and back into the air the vibration was back like before I started balancing my props. I landed thinking I had done something and I noticed I had put the props on opposite as before (I had written on the props with pencil the original location, why I don't know) After swapping back it hovered as smooth as before. So now I just make sure they go on in the same location every flight. This may be just a quirk with my machine but you never know, let me know if it makes a difference. I also use the hardest dampeners. I only notice jello (if that is what I'm seeing) when the sun light hits the gopro lens at a certain angle.

This may not be relative, but lift off about eye level and see how much your legs are vibrating, then swap the props front and back (both and then one set at a time to see if the vibration gets any worse or better) I came across this by accident when I hovered at eye level and noticed the vibration was the lowest I had ever seen, there was none (you could fell it slightly if placing a finger on one of the legs). But I landed, took props off and went inside to adjust fpv antenna and back into the air the vibration was back like before I started balancing my props. I landed thinking I had done something and I noticed I had put the props on opposite as before (I had written on the props with pencil the original location, why I don't know) After swapping back it hovered as smooth as before. So now I just make sure they go on in the same location every flight. This may be just a quirk with my machine but you never know, let me know if it makes a difference. I also use the hardest dampeners. I only notice jello (if that is what I'm seeing) when the sun light hits the gopro lens at a certain angle.

No thats not Jello, you just see the prop shadows, its normal. I dont know why you said the legs vibrate, i mean the legs are not attached to the gimbal. The motors create the vibrations and arms and legs will always vibrate a bit but the dampeners should "eat" that vibration, thats the point of them.

This is Jello, i recorded it some weeks ago for another forum

I tested 5 different props and all balanced with the dubro balancer, i doubt that this is the problem. I made everything against the jello effect. The hardest dampeners will not filter the vibrations, those are good for strong winds because the gimbal will shake around with soft dampeners in wind. For me the hardest dampeners were the worst.

Remember, you have to set your gopro to narrow mode and watch the video in fullscreen to see the jello effect

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl