JACKSONVILLE, FL Best Flying Areas And Photographic Skills

Reaction score
Hello! I have a P3A and was wondering if anyone lived I Jacksonville, FL? I am looking for some awesome places to fly and other places that I can get nice images or videos?

Thanks, Tyler!

*Posted before with little response*

Hi Tyler. Here are some of my videos. Mostly in Clay county but I did one compilation of St. Augustine sites.

Hi Tyler. Here are some of my videos. Mostly in Clay county but I did one compilation of St. Augustine sites.

Wow! You definitely have some talent on your hands! Thank you for the example videos! I will definitely have to try out some of those locations. I live more into the Jax Beach area and I am going to try to fly more often. However, I loved the Fort video! I will make sure to get out there!
Thanks for the input, Tyler!

Don't take off from the Fort's property. They'll chase you off. Pre-plan the mission through Litchi so you can get in and get out :)

Don't take off from the Fort's property. They'll chase you off. Pre-plan the mission through Litchi so you can get in and get out :)
I figured so. Oh and I've heard some people talk about Litchi, but what is it?

App that's better for waypoint missions. You can program them ahead of time. DJI won't do that.

App that's better for waypoint missions. You can program them ahead of time. DJI won't do that.
I won't keep bugging you, but where do you take off from when you are going to fly around the St. Augustine Fort? Thank you!

You're not bugging me :) In my St Augustine video, at the beginning, where I'm going up looking at that church; i'm in that parking lot. There was a small building in the parking lot to lean up against in the shade too. I paid to park somewhere else then we walked around to find an inconspicuous spot.
Do you have any videos uploaded that you've done?

I made this video a couple months ago. However, I am very new at all of this and I just threw this together on the DJI App. I am a good editor with Adobe Premiere though!
But I am very new to all of this and I am searching places to fly and I am still trying to get over the fear of flying to far away etc. Like if I fly behind a tree of sort I always think I'm gonna lose signal and such. I really want to just go to a big open area or field and just fly around to get the hang of everything the drone has to offer. But finding a big open space in JAX is harder than you think!

Any open park should be fine. A little league baseball field when no one is playing. Or a soccer field. Plus, use that litchi app to draw out a path on google maps and then you won't have to worry about flying it manually if you go far away.

Any open park should be fine. A little league baseball field when no one is playing. Or a soccer field. Plus, use that litchi app to draw out a path on google maps and then you won't have to worry about flying it manually if you go far away.
Do you trust the Lichi App enough to let the drone fly out of sight. Also it still allows the drone to Return To Home if there is an issue correct?

Yes I did a test around my block, then worked out from there. St Augustine had some missions that wee half a mile away (no way to see the drone). My circle around the fair grounds was at night and I couldn't see anything.

Wow! Seems a lot better than the DJI Go App. Lol. So, basically in my neighborhood with all the wifi, trees, houses etc. there is a lot of interference and I can NOT fly far at all without signal loss and all that. But, with the Litchi app, will I be able to send the drone on a mission (let's say a half of a mile mission) and it loses signal with the RC and the video screen (on the phone,) will it still complete the mission and Return To Home until I regain control of it to land it? In my area, with the DJI Go App I usually can get the drone about 1,000 ft away from me before it start to lose signal.

Even if it looses signal the drone will still complete the mission because the instructions get uploaded into the drone. The only thing the remote will do is let you view the progress. And the remote will let you cancel the mission if still connected.

Even if it looses signal the drone will still complete the mission because the instructions get uploaded into the drone. The only thing the remote will do is let you view the progress. And the remote will let you cancel the mission if still connected.
When you did the St. Augustine Flight, did you lose signal between the drone and the RC? Also could you see the whole mission LIVE on your phone, it didn't cut out?

Last question I had just thought of, and you have been very helpful THANK YOU very much! But, do you manually take off and manually land? Also, when it is completing the waypoints, and you lose signal to the RC, when do you regain signal? Do you regain signal before the aircraft lands? Like what is the landing procedure when using the app? Thank you very very much! I am purchasing to app tomorrow and will do some test flights etc. THANKS!

There were a couple times that I lost video contact with the drone. I was nervous but everything was fine. The video reconnects automatically. You do have to take off manually and land manually.

There were a couple times that I lost video contact with the drone. I was nervous but everything was fine. The video reconnects automatically. You do have to take off manually and land manually.
Wow thank you very much for all the info!! I will definitely use the app! Thank you and great talking! -Tyler

Reactions: JxBx80
Hello! I have a P3A and was wondering if anyone lived I Jacksonville, FL? I am looking for some awesome places to fly and other places that I can get nice images or videos?

Thanks, Tyler!

*Posted before with little response*

Tons of fun places to use a drone. We do a lot of boating so most of our videos are in and around the water. You'll also notice I do a lot of videos that contain both drone and GoPro clips.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT