Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I've had to register twice with DJI. Bizarre

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Peter Evans, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Peter Evans

Bonjour a tous

Newbie with his first post here :)

Firstly let me say thank you to the many members here who have (albeit unknowingly) helped me out with regard to this purchase; there is certainly a wealth of good information and advice on this board.

OK, so here's the story. I received my Vision yesterday and, like the good fellow I am, I immediately went to dji.com and registered myself and also my Vision's serial number as 'My product'. Then (again like the good fellow I am), before making any attempt to fly, I set about updating the firmware.

However, when I ran the Assistant software and it asked me for my Login details, they didn't work; I tried several times but I just could not log in. Finally I tried using the 'Forgot my password' (even though I hadn't) and I got a popup telling me that my user email didn't exist!

So, in desperation, I used the Assistant 'Login/Register' dialogue box to register again but, this time, with a different email address and password. And Bingo! it worked; everything was fine from that point on. However, when I looked at the URL the assistant had taken me to for registration I saw that this was not with dji.com but with dji-innovations.com

Et voila. Now I have myself registered at dji.com under one name and with dji-innovations.com with another name. BUT, the two sites are definitely linked because my Vision's serial number can't now be registered to me on dji-innovations.com because I get a warning that that serial number is registered to somebody else.

Incidentally I'm a photographer rather than an RC hobbyist and that's the reason I bought the device, so if I ask any seemingly silly questions from time to time, I beg your collective pardon in advance. And, for anyone who might be interested, I can be found at http://www.peter-evans-photographer.com

2. garygid

I also had to discover that a second registration was required, at "dji-i..." instead of dji.
    However, I think that I was able to use the same email address with both.

It would be better if the request to login included WHERE one was logging into,
    like "Login to your DJI-Innovations account", or even "Login to DJI-Innovations".
    Not a difficult programming change to make, one line.

3. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

I had to register twice and couldn't use my primary email address. I thought it was just me :shock:

4. dkatz42

Ran into the same issue, couldn't use the email address I used everywhere else, chose an alternate, and it all worked.