ITELITE and FPVLR Awsome !!

Reaction score
I purchased the ITELITE antenna mod a few months ago,it tripled my distance,though I would lose video after 3000 feet or so... Now I just received the bird side antenna mod from FPVLR, drilled a few holes and installed the antennas.... first off without the mod,the picture was always grainy on the i pod now I cant believe how clear it is!!

I just wanted to say thanks for the quick shipping,and an outstanding design. Hands down..

Goat.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Goat..did ya just do the 2.4 or both ?

Both? you mean there is another bird side antenna for the transmitter signal?

I was wondering about that... there is 2 skinny wires for that..... can you point me in that direction?

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
I did both the TX antenna and the 2 birdside antennas. I cant believe the clarity on the i pod now and the I pad too! 2.4
Me talking on your bird..did you put the 5.8's on there too ?

I purchased the ITELITE antenna mod a few months ago,it tripled my distance,though I would lose video after 3000 feet or so... Now I just received the bird side antenna mod from FPVLR, drilled a few holes and installed the antennas.... first off without the mod,the picture was always grainy on the i pod now I cant believe how clear it is!!

I just wanted to say thanks for the quick shipping,and an outstanding design. Hands down..

Goat.

Any chance of getting a pic of both sides after the mod was done?

Me talking on your bird..did you put the 5.8's on there too ?

No I did not but I would like to try it!
Any chance of getting a pic of both sides after the mod was done?

here are some pics
IMG_0154.JPG
IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0156.JPG

Cool ! Thanks for the pictures . I already have mine fixed for both as I said and was hoping to see if you were running both , I would have to look back as someone was getting ready to have both and was gonna wait and see what there's did before I changed again .
Always changing something :D Can't never leave well enough alone :eek:

Added/ Here's the way I have my FPVLR's hung
fpvlr's.jpg

Reactions: goatman
Cool ! Thanks for the pictures . I already have mine fixed for both as I said and was hoping to see if you were running both , I would have to look back as someone was getting ready to have both and was gonna wait and see what there's did before I changed again .
Always changing something :D Can't never leave well enough alone :eek:

Added/ Here's the way I have my FPVLR's hungView attachment 23534

so let me ask you,the 5.8's what are they for? are they the antennas that look like the path of an atom? I dont know how else to describe it.. are they for the flight transmission? if so they look better than the 2 skinny wires that come stock..

And I know what you mean "can't leave good enough alone" but thats the fun of this hobby tweaking and modifying..

so let me ask you,the 5.8's what are they for? are they the antennas that look like the path of an atom? I dont know how else to describe it.. are they for the flight transmission? if so they look better than the 2 skinny wires that come stock..

And I know what you mean "can't leave good enough alone" but thats the fun of this hobby tweaking and modifying..
5.8's are the TX side and are the little ones ya see on my bird . The way you see them there ..they are just the opposite on the other side
and on the front leg . 2.4 are FPV
They do look cool but a pain to transport if ya don't take em off which I don't .

Reactions: goatman
5.8's are the TX side and are the little ones ya see on my bird . The way you see them there ..they are just the opposite on the other side
and on the front leg . 2.4 are FPV
They do look cool but a pain to transport if ya don't take em off which I don't .

so are they worth it? does it give you more distance? I have gone out 3700 feet but i would lose picture,before this mod. I haven't got out there yet to test this,

I guess I have to see how far I can get.

BUT I gotta say this. Its difficult to fly by looking at the screen,I don't know how you guys do it but when I lose visual on the bird,I get this sick feeling to my stomach. like I'm going to lose the bird.. I have no reference point any more,and its difficult.

so are they worth it? does it give you more distance? I have gone out 3700 feet but i would lose picture,before this mod. I haven't got out there yet to test this,

I guess I have to see how far I can get.

BUT I gotta say this. Its difficult to fly by looking at the screen,I don't know how you guys do it but when I lose visual on the bird,I get this sick feeling to my stomach. like I'm going to lose the bird.. I have no reference point any more,and its difficult.
Worth it? Ya if ya like to push it !
Sick feeling to my stomach? Read my signature quotes :D
843.PNG A lot for me with what I got but still not bad considering ;)

HOLY SWEAT!! that's some great distance,and it looks like you had some left to go further!

I want it!!! where do I get it?????
That was with the stage 3 FPVLR's and have seen many go way farther . When I go out I do so in ATTI and start back when I usually
see I have 60% battery left . I will HL back most of the time and Always check that before I do go for a run !!!!
I always have my tracker on also !
I do like the itelite panel as it don't take up as much room on the TX and waiting to see how Tony's Birdsides do with it .

If I'm not mistaken, ITELITE's panels are Linear Polarized Antennas while FPVLR's are circular polarized antennas

we do offer a dipole set 2.4GHz and a dipole set 5.8GHz to match the linear polarized ground units.
And those birdside Dipoles works very well with the ITELITE panel and allowed me to go farther with my P2 Vision+ 15324 feet without boosters in an open area.

Reactions: dirkclod and FPVLR

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic