It would be great to have some stickies

They old adage it true, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."
I read that as "You can lead a horse to water, CSC it and then beat it until there is nothing left"

Naaa he on Tapatalk and might just not have one on that .
That remark needed one though !

So, when does this thread get "Promoted" to "Off Topic" so we can really have some fun with it?

I hate to suggest this, but maybe a sticky on the possible stickies. I think the idea of appropriate stickies has come up on other threads and has quickly and quietly died as I am guessing will happen in this thread. I would love to help, but at the moment I can only parrot what has already been posted here. I do appreciate the vast amount of information that is here.

I got a magic wand and a buddy who's a "SUPER MODERATOR". Lets see if we can't create a sticky tonight. I know he made a bunch yesterday.

It's a whole new world, and we are running fast to try keeping up... :eek:

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: IflyinWY
Let's not make stickies just for the sake of doing it. There are too many forums where stickies are just huge threads with no consolidated information and finding anything in them is no easier than searching the entire forum. A real sticky should be maintained. The first post should have a summary of all up-to-date information. Volunteers welcome.

P.S. I'd like to see this thread be useful and not OT. It's a legitimate request and I would like to see stickies too. Good ones.

Reactions: jlo and IflyinWY
Welcome yblaser.

Yes, this is a textbook example of "How not to create a post" starting with the title and the inappropriate category.

Hey Clipper,
I wrote a paper on how not to start a thread. Have you seen it yet?

I crack myself up.
Maybe not the perfect place, but certainly good timing. I just finished and published it.

Thanks very much.

Let's not make stickies just for the sake of doing it. There are too many forums where stickies are just huge threads with no consolidated information and finding anything in them is no easier than searching the entire forum. A real sticky should be maintained. The first post should have a summary of all up-to-date information. Volunteers welcome.

P.S. I'd like to see this thread be useful and not OT. It's a legitimate request and I would like to see stickies too. Good ones.

Me to Ian, I just spent 2 days trying to write one.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
No need to re-invent the horseshoe here. There are probably good posts one could start with.

I volunteer to maintain the sticky on Travel Warnings (drone-friendly and drone-unfriendly countries.)

Hey Clipper,
I wrote a paper on how not to start a thread. Have you seen it yet?

I crack myself up.
Maybe not the perfect place, but certainly good timing. I just finished and published it.

Thanks very much.

Got a link?

The internet is super slow where I'm at right now.

The internet is super slow where I'm at right now.

Video dude, you've got fabulous video. SHARE PLEASE, right after a little feedback. ;)

<blank stare>

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3
You can borrow mine.
Meet the "Blank Stare Rabbid",

BlankStareRabbid.gif

Creepy ain't it?

Me to Ian, I just spent 2 days trying to write one.

I see that. I assume it jibes with the forum rules: http://www.phantompilots.com/pages/communityguidelines/

We may need a sub-forum under general for general stickies. Will have to check with Jacob on that.

No need to re-invent the horseshoe here. There are probably good posts one could start with.

Agreed as long as they don't start out with 2 pages of incorrect information and ha ha ha lolz before there's something useful. A thread owner would be best.

I volunteer to maintain the sticky on Travel Warnings (drone-friendly and drone-unfriendly countries.)

Done.

I'm volunteering my own post for compass calibration: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/compass-calibration-a-complete-primer.32829/

I see that. I assume it jibes with the forum rules: http://www.phantompilots.com/pages/communityguidelines/

We may need a sub-forum under general for general stickies. Will have to check with Jacob on that.

Agreed as long as they don't start out with 2 pages of incorrect information and ha ha ha lolz before there's something useful. A thread owner would be best.

Done.

I'm volunteering my own post for compass calibration: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/compass-calibration-a-complete-primer.32829/

To the "T".

I have some stunning Vietnam video waiting to be edited. My Lao stuff is up in the...wait for it...Video section. Enjoy!

I may be heading down into the Mekong Delta to fly a Floating Market but am also working on something else that might divert me, so my travels are somewhat interrupted at the moment.

Talk about off-topic... And I'm off to find some lunch.

Last edited:
Ianwood, that compass calibration primer is exactly the archetype for a sticky.

I'll do travel warning, but right now my drone focus is in a backpack out here in the jungles waiting for the weather to clear. The current travel warning sticky is a mess and I can clean it up and maintain it when I get back in mid July.

I have a lot of firsthand Travel Warning experience recently. Where's my Tylenol?

Can we please move this out of P3 already?

Ianwood, that compass calibration primer is exactly the archetype for a sticky.

I'll do travel warning, but right now my drone focus is in a backpack out here in the jungles waiting for the weather to clear. The current travel warning sticky is a mess and I can clean it up and maintain it when I get back in mid July.

I have a lot of firsthand Travel Warning experience recently. Where's my Tylenol?

If you are using, or wanting Tylenol, you are not paying attention to the much more effective and better "natural" solutions to your issues. Dude, you are in the land where folks passed on remedies which would fix anything, and they did it centuries ago.

Go chew on a leaf, or sip some tea. It's much better for you that a **** pill.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl