It would be great to have some stickies

One of the best threads ever. There are some real gems in here, starting with the "adult" title.
  • Why is it so hard...
  • Way to [sic] cluttered.
  • I've been a moderator
and last but perhaps least, my favorite:
  • Was hoping my thread title would get more attention that way

Reactions: dirkclod
You are never going to stop people posting stupid questions or stupid people posting questions (just kidding). FAQs and stickies help, but what you need is additional topic specific sub-forums and limiting new posters to a beginners forum until they have X number of posts. Members who are annoyed by these repetitive questions do not have to visit said sub-forums. Along with good stickies and strong moderation, as in moving inappropriate posts to the appropriate forum, helps keep the forum clean and helps keep people posting in the right place much more than a RTFM reply that seems to be the default here.

Reactions: IflyinWY
You are never going to stop people posting stupid questions or stupid people posting questions (just kidding). FAQs and stickies help, but what you need is additional topic specific sub-forums and limiting new posters to a beginners forum until they have X number of posts. Members who are annoyed by these repetitive questions do not have to visit said sub-forums. Along with good stickies and strong moderation, as in moving inappropriate posts to the appropriate forum, helps keep the forum clean and helps keep people posting in the right place much more than a RTFM reply that seems to be the default here.

Yea, a sandbox for the kiddies, This is a funny thread

Works well in many other forums. Just saying.

Hey look, it's a new guy saying the "Sandbox" idea is OK.

**** I love this show.

Welcome to the party yblaser.

I've got some helpful links in my signature, if you're interested.

Hey look, it's a new guy saying the "Sandbox" idea is OK.

**** I love this show.

Welcome to the party yblaser.

I've got some helpful links in my signature, if you're interested.

Thanks for the welcome as well as from dirkclod. It's not the post that I wanted to join on. I'm just offering suggestions based on my experiences with other forums that attract a large number of participants and can get clogged with repetitive posts. Maybe I'm missing the show you love.

Yaaawwwwwnnnnn. Keep down in the peanut gallery please. Adults are talking.

I sure hope I get to watch when the "Almighty Mod" starts with... well, who knows? I just wanna seat in the stadium to see the show.
Ya Got Em Good.gif

Was this a serious thread at some point?

Thanks for the welcome as well as from dirkclod. It's not the post that I wanted to join on. I'm just offering suggestions based on my experiences with other forums that attract a large number of participants and can get clogged with repetitive posts. Maybe I'm missing the show you love.

I find humor in the goofy stuff folks do.
The Comedy Channel here is Off Topic.

Welcome yblaser.

Yes, this is a textbook example of "How not to create a post" starting with the title and the inappropriate category.

Stickies need to be maintained in order to be useful. They need to be updated and corrected on an ongoing basis. If people want to volunteer to maintain a sticky for the P3, volunteer here.

I'll suggest some topics:
  • Compass calibration
  • IMU calibration
  • Startup and safety procedures
  • Which tablet should I get?
  • Filming and photography settings
  • Batteries: charging, storing and transporting
  • Others?
If you want to own one of these topics, let us (me) know. You'll need to gather up as much relevant information as makes sense. Once you have it ready to go into one or two posts, we'll get it posted as a sticky. You'll need to maintain your posts, updating them as needed on an ongoing basis.

I guess we should put these in the P3 help sub-forum.

P.S. I've made the title of this thread a little more meaningful. :p

Stickies need to be maintained in order to be useful. They need to be updated and corrected on an ongoing basis. If people want to volunteer to maintain a sticky for the P3, volunteer here.

• Compass calibration
  • IMU calibration
  • Batteries, charging, storing and transporting
  • Others?
If you want to own one of these topics, let us (me) know. You'll need to gather up as much relevant information as makes sense. Once you have it ready to go into one or two posts, we'll get it posted as a sticky. You'll need to maintain your posts, updating them as needed on an ongoing basis.

running jack.gif

• Compass calibration
  • IMU calibration
  • Others?

Maybe one on how to post well.

I guess snerd doesn't know how to do the "Blank Stare" very well. He he he :p
Naaa he on Tapatalk and might just not have one on that .
That remark needed one though !

I hate to suggest this, but maybe a sticky on the possible stickies. I think the idea of appropriate stickies has come up on other threads and has quickly and quietly died as I am guessing will happen in this thread. I would love to help, but at the moment I can only parrot what has already been posted here. I do appreciate the vast amount of information that is here.

• Compass calibration
  • IMU calibration
  • Others?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic