It Takes a Village

Reaction score
Ok. So now I'm known in the neighborhood as "The Airplane Man".

Nice no wind day today (thank god) and what shows up? A set of 10yo twins that I call Slick and Slim and 'that kid from around the corner' that I pray stays away from his peers. Their parents, who I dont really know sent them over here with unopened drone boxes and big anxious eyes. Well ... I turned off the football game.

The twins were good at following directions tested by first resisting the impulse to bust the box open. When dude man arrived he came with parts. Slim is a little slow so we started with his obstacle avoidance 'cage'. Right down his line. He walked off whistling and skipping and came back 3 minutes later asking for a 'kree ladder'. "End of the line buddy". Slick got a baby Viper. He's the one who comes running over here on drone startup. He crashed, got frustrated but left his turn with I'll get it Mr. D. Little Dude got a big thing. Red and white with Chinese writing on the back. Now. I'm thinking all this [Language Removed by Moderator] gonna do is sit and spin. Took [Language Removed by Moderator] near a half hour to piece it together including a couple bike rides back to grandma's house. Well, we got the guards back on (who took em off?), found the battery and as soon as it started up he remembered my instruction to "start then stop" all stick inputs. Up, down, up, down. Dude looked at me smiling, he looked at that stupid looking drone and then he toy hovered that [Language Removed by Moderator] like he lived on this earth before. Slim and Slick exclaimed twinlike "Daaamn". I fell out laughing.

Airplane Man had a good day today! Had the front yard buzzin! After the 'kree klimb' I brought the Tello out and almost krashed into one of them.

It takes a village... [emoji41]

Last edited by a moderator:
So they both got Tello drones? Those little drones are awesome. I fly mine more than I do my Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl