Issues with screen transmission feed from controller

Reaction score
I notice, I am getting slight hic hips with the FPV feed from the controller to my tablet ( hesitation, some pixelating at times). All the firmware is up to date on both the Bird and controller, I am using a Apple Air pad tablet 64gb. Hard to fly smooth and in tight locations when the screen hesitates without notice, happens when close or out a ways. the footage off the SD card is clear, so I don't think its a gimbal issue or camera Any suggestion?

The quarry run looked ok ,did it happen after that,,,check your HD channel selection for interference,,if ok there try another USB cord to eliminate that,

Reactions: Capt KO
It happen during that flight, (the part of me flying under the rock belt) and at other parts of the flight, the footage comes out clean and clear, but like I said it makes flying at critical spots nerve racking. It just started yesterday, I only did a night flight from the house the day before with no issues. it could be the cable/cord or I can switch out the bottom module with the one I took off from the P3P (I replaced the stock one with the HDMI upgrade).

Just a guess that the older iPad Air (2013) has a hard time keeping up with GO 4. Seems like I recall reading recently that it’s processor (A7) is borderline, so anything else running (especially in warmer weather) could overpower it.

Last edited:
Just a guess that the older iPad Air (2013) has a hard time keeping up with GO 4. Seems like I recall reading recently that it’s processor (A7) is borderline, so anything else running (especially in warmer weather) could overpower it.
Hmmm, didn't think that could be it, I have a Lenevo tab 4 I use with the P3P, I can try to use it and see what happens.

Thanks for your input, one thing I forgot about apple tablets is that some don't have GPS and need a secondary source (wifi) to keep up for maps and other functions. Just camparing the night flight from Friday to Saturday flights is that I was at my house on the night flight and the tablet automatically connects to the house wifi (router is in the garage). I don't know why I didn't do with my phone this time, because I always do it with my Android tablet. I guess the new gear bug bite me and I missed one step in my pre-flight check list.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Hmmm, didn't think that could be it, I have a Lenevo tab 4 I use with the P3P, I can try to use it and see what happens.
I use a Lenovo tab 4 8 for both my Phantom 4 and Mavic pro and it works great, same applies as mentioned above, it is stripped down so as to only run DJI go.

Just about everything else is either completely removed or "forced stop", USB debugging mode enabled etc.

I get rock solid video real time video feed from it, borderline fast enough for screen record. EU recorder running in background doesn't effect it just for the moments I want to actually record. Slight hesitation now and then, no pixelation but ever so slight hesitations as the screen updates every few odd seconds.

This page is handy if you haven't already been there, (for android)

And this one, Install DJI GO on an Apple Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) | Phantom Help (for apple)

I'm running up to date firmware on the mavic, one version back from the latest on the P4. So far not willing to try the latest version, doesn't appear as many are? Those that do have trouble? and DJI GO version 4.3.24.

Oh and yea it's handy that the tab 4 is GPS ready, marks its location in flight viewer etc, I tend to walk around a little.
Fly in a new spot that it doesn't already have the map pre loaded, I allow it access to my phone via wifi to get what it needs a minute.

Last edited:
It is called chromatic aberation and it is pure physical phenomenon. It is about different retractive index for different colors. And it depends of picture resolution usually more pix makes less aberation. So you get less sharp and more colored lines if they are very close to each other.
The other thing, supposing that this is your problem, is called interference. When the close light waves interfere with each other.
Better lens has less aberation and interference.

It is called chromatic aberation and it is pure physical phenomenon. It is about different retractive index for different colors. And it depends of picture resolution usually more pix makes less aberation. So you get less sharp and more colored lines if they are very close to each other.
The other thing, supposing that this is your problem, is called interference. When the close light waves interfere with each other.
Better lens has less aberation and interference.
that does not sound like what he is describing i think? fpv hesitation is chromatic aberation?

I notice, I am getting slight hic hips with the FPV feed from the controller to my tablet ( hesitation, some pixelating at times). All the firmware is up to date on both the Bird and controller, I am using a Apple Air pad tablet 64gb. Hard to fly smooth and in tight locations when the screen hesitates without notice, happens when close or out a ways. the footage off the SD card is clear, so I don't think its a gimbal issue or camera Any suggestion?
this happens to me to when i try to use my mini 2 on hot days in ny. works good for a time and then all of a sudden the fpv stutters and jerks and sometimes freezes for a few seconds. its scary. i even had my mini 2 shut down from overheating but not all the time but i still want a new device esp since i want to make my p3a into a p3p if i can get a new gimbal baord.

that does not sound like what he is describing i think? fpv hesitation is chromatic aberation?
Aberation for colors and interference for curved lines or circles where they not supposed to be.

Aberation for colors and interference for curved lines or circles where they not supposed to be.
right. so in others words nothing to do with the ops question then?

doing more research on this issue, I saw a youtube video by Jeff Sibelius, on the CS (Crystalsky) and what he showed was happening on his screen is what I had just not as bad as his. I have ordered a CS for my P4 and will use the Air Pad with my P3P. Like Jeff said it could be a incompatible firmware between the controller/Go 4 app and the Air pad. If it works fine with the Go app that runs for the P3P I should have no problems. The CS is the path I may need to go this way as I want to get the command station from firehouse tech.

Last edited:
doing more research on this issue, I saw a youtube video by Jeff Sibelius, on the CS (Crystalsky) and what he showed was happening on his screen is what I had just not as bad as his. I have ordered a CS for my P4 and will use the Air Pad with my P3P. Like Jeff said it could be a incompatible firmware between the controller/Go 4 app and the Air pad. If it works fine with the Go app that runs for the P3P I should have no problems. The CS is the path I may need to go anyway as I want to get the command station from firehouse tech.
way out of my price range but good you are going again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20