Issue when turning on DJI Phantom 4 Pro Controller

Reaction score
I have had a DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone for under a year and use it for aerial survey work and videography.
Sometimes when I turn on the Remote Controller followed by the Drone, the controller starts to make a beeping sound. Upon turning everything off and restarting it, the beeping goes away but other times it does not and I have to press the reset button on the drone. I read somewhere that by resetting the drone, the drone and controller are reconnected and communicate again. Is that true? Why does the beeping happen? Aren't you supposed to power on the controller before the drone?

Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Cheers!!

Yes, controller first, then ac.
May be worth trying a stick calibration. Could be a controller battery issue.
Relink can’t hurt.

Reactions: Capt KO
You need to calibrate the RC sticks. I had that happen to me, the calibration fixed it.

It was really weird my setup worked fine for weeks, then one day my RC started beeping for no reason. The calibration fixed it.

Reactions: Capt KO
My P4 controller also beeps on start-up occasionally. I just turn off then on again, sometimes several times, until the controller starts up correctly. Thanks for the tips about the stick calibration - I will try that next time the controller plays up.
All the best, Martin

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr