Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

Unstable and jerky. Rolled back to previous firmware and now all works as before the upgrade.

Got email from dji. Want folks to fly with the failware and send results. They will then issue beta firmware after they get the flight data. Im not flying and risking a crash.
Email below.
Dear Customer,

Nice day.
Here is the email from DJI tech support team.

Via your post on DJI Forum, we got that there exist the unstable flight issue on your DJI Phantom 4 after upgrading Firmware to v02.00.0106.
We worked on it and made a Beta firmware to fix that issue.

But for making sure the fimware works on your case, we need your help to send us the specified flight data as below steps within 24 hours.
Then our R&D team will push the beta firmware to you after receiving the data.

Please execute as following steps strickly, thanks a lot.

1. Please disable the "Forward Obstacle Sensing System” on the DJI GO.

2.Then select an open area for the flight and make sure the copter works under P-GPS mode during the whole flight.

3. Keep the copter hovering over 30s at 10m height after taking off.

4. Then operate the copter ascent to a safety height and we suggest there is no obstacle in the range of 200 m radius.
And then operate it flyling forward over 100m away. Next, operate it flying backward for over 100m. Please execute above forwarding and backwarding operations for twice.

5. After that, then pull roll stick to left and fly it to left direction for over 100m and next, fly it to right direction for over 100m.
Please execute the operation for twice as well.

6. Finally, land the copter safety, flight part completed.

7. After the flight, please connect the copter to the DJI assistant and then export the corresponding data to us.
Here is a video FYI to export the data.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon and if you have any questions here, please no hesitated to contact us.

Best regards,

DJI tech support

Best regards,
Aurora
DJI Technical Support

Mine went OK. No problems at all flying. But, I'm getting frequent "wind warnings" popping up on the screen now. -- Even when there is little wind.

I'll get two or three of them during every flight. I never had these warnings before the update.
I get those wind warnnngs too and a very unstable craft, plus the gimbal sometimes twitchy

Test made with the new beta firmware and still the camera reset error is not solved by recording at 4k. I think DJI is teasing us.

Mine is also very twitchy, it makes quick little jerks when flying forward. You can hear it sputtering like its running out of gas

No issues other than my maps display is solid grey, and i cannot do anything with them at all, nothing but solid grey.

Also get a lot of wind warnings, but everything else is good.

Exactly.

They may very well be legitimate... no easy way to say that they are or not without knowing what the winds aloft are.

Very often the winds 100 feet up are quite different from the winds on the surface.

DJI may very well have lowered the thresholds to trigger the wind warnings.

Exactly.

They may very well be legitimate... no easy way to say that they are or not without knowing what the winds aloft are.

Very often the winds 100 feet up are quite different from the winds on the surface.

DJI may very well have lowered the thresholds to trigger the wind warnings.
DJI may have lowered the threshold as you state, but I certainly never had that warning or the others that now pop up in the previous 11 months. As for the map being greyed out, I now get 'insufficient cellular data to load the map' warning from time to time. Fixed this by flying with Litchi, no warnings of any kind, I always have google maps, better range and less sweat. I have read that the new app is draining whatever device you are using to the extent where it is falling over trying to process the data required to fly. I suspect I'll be looking at a new iOS device before too long.

It could be that the previous versions of Go4 didn't give the wind warnings... im not sure. I only flew my P4P a few times after i bought it on the previous version and then did the update after i was satisfied that i had a good machine.

I bought a new iPad2017 9.7" (that is what the gal at best buy was calling it... I'm not really an Apple guy, but when I learned that DJI writes all the software first for Apple, then mods it for Android later, and learning from the DJI guys at Oshkosh this year that they recommended Apple, thats the direction I went...) that i have dedicated for flying... right now nothing on it but dji Go4, and it handles the load that the app places on it well... doesnt even get warm.

I watched a video on the tube where the gentleman was discussing what all is going on in the back end of Go4 while flying... that app needs some horsepower to get it all done apparently. There is a LOT going on that you don't necessarily see.

I can't really complain about anything except that my maps have quit working... knock on wood, everything else is good.

I'm looking to update my P4 but rather intimidated by all the threads about many problems people have had.

Maybe it would be good to get a better balance (or perhaps not), by posting a quick note here if your update has been sucessfull?
I got so tired of all the changes, many with newly generated problems, especially when I tried to photograph a friend's Rocky Mountain Home up at 9,000' when my P4 wouldn't start unless I signed in where there is absolutely no celular service! Luckily I brought my Inspire 1V2 using old out of date Go App but which functioned without problems! I have not used my P4 since then but today using apkmirror I reloaded my Android Invidia Shield K1 with the DJI Go4 App, Version 4.1.3 Even though most everything functioned correctly I wound up with a "Gimbal Vibration Error" announcement so I just downgraded to DJI Go4 App Version 4.0.0 on my LG V20 Smartphone. This Version is from back in January 2017 which I used to use. This Version in the PhantomPilots Forum has been reported as trouble free. I haven't flown it yet but it appears to agree with my P4 Firmware! And yes, I had to sign the what appeared to be a 400+ page DJI Agreement to start trying different DJI Go4 Versions which is ridiculous!

"Does anyone notice that the problem only exists in the P mode? I switch to S mode and it goes away, or at least I'm not noticing it......."
I noticed this post by Carlton Adams, on another thread. Hope they won't mind me copying it here.
I don't think I've seen that mentioned before.

So, I did the weird new IMU Calibration and calibrated the Gimbal and I could not get the Horizon level on my kitchen counter. Took it for a flight, and it seemed to level itself out good with zero roll adjustment.
I have noticed what some people mentioned:

1. Unstable hovering. It also Iooks like I fell victim to this, until I have set it to "ATTI" mode and watched the drone drifted away from me level and steady at a speed of 16KM/H (10mph). I did not realize until then the moderate and choppy breeze. But yes, it does seems a bit skittish. Will test on a windless day again.

2. High wind velocity warning. I was about 400metres(1200ft) out at 30metres(100ft) in the air when I got the warning. Again, switched to "ATTI" mode and so it reaching a speed of over 25km/h (15mph). Again, one does not realize what the wind speed is up there.

The other possible issue I can report is degraded live video feed quality.Resolution seems lower than normal. Will do some more testing.
I got really irritated by the unstable hovering and flying of the Aircraft and "downgraded" to the old firmware. Flying stable now.

I upgraded my firmware & software on djigo4 , almost every time I turn my drone on to check before I go out to fly it would say update needed. I'd do the update . Not sure why it asks to update firmware so much. The no fly zone NFZ in places it shouldn't be. Wasn't like this before . Now that I rolled back to older app & firmware I can cancels geo system. Which I love. Ive had Nothing but problems with new app & firmware so I went back to older firmware & older go4 app & tweaked parameters & the drone flys great. I'll never update my drones again. I always did updates when they came out but when they did the big update that you had to sign in , the dji go4 app became nothing but a problem. Older firmware &!older app seems to work like a dream .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl