Is this Noise normal

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Brand New P4p just curious if that noise is normal or should I call DJI? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Sunnaroe
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Brand New P4p just curious if that noise is normal or should I call DJI? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Mine never made that noise and when you turn on like that,..if you look at your battery before it slides in-is that little red triangle icon visible?I ask because maybe the battery is upside down..but i more than could be wrong

If you think it's noisy now, wait until you put the propellers on and fly it. You wont even be able to hear that noise.

Mines done that a bit when moving the Phantom around but not that bad. Sounds like the fan is hitting something. Get you self on Dji Live chat and send them your video link and see what they say.

You can try to loosen and then retighten the screws that hold the gimbal frame to the main body (there are 4 of them). But to be honest, this is a loud bird, maybe yours is a tad louder, but sometimes the screw trick works as it moves the fan a bit.

Mine is exactly the same - holding the grey metal bit underneath (in one particular spot) stops whatever it is vibrating. Had no issues in flight though (so far). Not had a Phantom series before but seemed a bit odd to me too.

Is that noise coming from your gimbal? Does the gimbal feel like it's vibrating? My new p4p arrived yesterday and had a very noisy gimbal after switching on, which also vibrated.

First thoughts were to send it back - but having owned a p2 and p3p - I thought I'd try some firmware updates first...

It needed 3 firmware updates altogether (I like to do them in order rather than skip any out). After first update the noise stopped completely and hasn't come back since. I've also done an imu calibration to be extra sure.

You should only hear the fan when your p4p is running (and motors are off). No noise whatsoever should be coming from the gimbal.

Best of luck with your new p4p - let's hope we don't see any other issues!

It's noise from the fan housing vibrating, because it's only mounted with two screws. Mine does the same thing.. a bit annoying if you're just powering it up and not flying. I can just flip mine upsidedown and it stops, or press on the underside of the chassis, above the gimbal.

There is a thread here with pictures where the guy put some foam under the two corners of the fan housing that don't have screws, it stops the vibration.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Is that noise coming from your gimbal? Does the gimbal feel like it's vibrating? My new p4p arrived yesterday and had a very noisy gimbal after switching on, which also vibrated.

First thoughts were to send it back - but having owned a p2 and p3p - I thought I'd try some firmware updates first...

It needed 3 firmware updates altogether (I like to do them in order rather than skip any out). After first update the noise stopped completely and hasn't come back since. I've also done an imu calibration to be extra sure.

You should only hear the fan when your p4p is running (and motors are off). No noise whatsoever should be coming from the gimbal.

Best of luck with your new p4p - let's hope we don't see any other issues!

From inside middle section not gimbal, all latest firmware, imu calibration, compass - sounds like it's the fan vibrating from other comments and noise itself (and re other posts)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31