Is this camera/gimbal behavior with my p4p2.0 normal?

Reaction score
Hi, I own a new Phantom 4 pro 2.0 and I'm getting shaky video for a split second when releasing the stick (braking). Is that normal? Does anyone else is getting similar result with the 2.0 version? Is there anything that I can try before sending it to DJI? It seems to be more noticeable when I'm flying to the right (than to the left). The faster I fly, the more noticeable it is but it is noticeable even at slow speeds ( 10 mph ).

I put a video on youtube and you can clearly tell the exact moment when I released the (right) stick. The last few segments of the video were filmed with my p4adv and I'm not getting shaky video when braking with the other drone. Before doing the video, I auto-calibrated the gimbals and compass of both aircrafts and reset the gimbal's default settings. All my other setting were reset to their default value (including Gain and Sensitivity). Is there anyone else getting similar results and is there anything that I can do? Video is 1080p60, playback is 1X. Thanks for you comments.

The faster I fly, the more noticeable it is but it is noticeable even at slow speeds ( 10 mph ).
The faster you fly, the harder it is for the gimbal to keep up with the required angles. These aircraft ( although capable of high speed ) are not necessarily designed for photography in that manner. Keep your speed down, and avoid the hard pitch and rolls. Most likely you wont see that issue.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The faster you fly, the harder it is for the gimbal to keep up with the required angles. These aircraft ( although capable of high speed ) are not necessarily designed for photography in that manner. Keep your speed down, and avoid the hard pitch and rolls. Most likely you wont see that issue.
Thanks for your comment. I'm not overly upset by the p4p2.0 behavior and I realize that "some" shaking is to be expected at high speed. However, I can't find a reasonable explanation as to why the p4p2.0 shakes that much when braking where my p4adv is flawless in the same conditions. Maybe I should use both drones simultaneously and do a side-by-side video. The difference is obvious.

However, I can't find a reasonable explanation as to why the p4p2.0 shakes that much when braking
Try adjusting the braking and see if that helps. I always keep mine fairly low, mainly because I very seldom fly at higher than 8mph ( For Photographic purposes) And even when I need the higher speed, I always make sure there is breaking room to do so.

Are you in follow mode or fpv mode? With it on the ground sitting there powered on but don’t start the motors. Move your stick left and right like you you where turning the drone left and right and see how the camera reacts. When you yaw in that direction the camera should do the same and come back slowly to center when the stick is returned to center.

Are you in follow mode or fpv mode? With it on the ground sitting there powered on but don’t start the motors. Move your stick left and right like you you where turning the drone left and right and see how the camera reacts. When you yaw in that direction the camera should do the same and come back slowly to center when the stick is returned to center.
I'm flying both aircrafts (p4p2.0 and p4adv) in follow mode. I'm starting to wonder is the different propellers (the p4p2.0 comes with the silent propellers) can explain the difference. I'll try to fly the "faulty" p4p2.0 with the standard propellers and see if that helps. I believe the p4p2.0 gimbal should be just as good as the p4adv. I'm just not sure if there is an issue with the 2.0 model of only with my unit. I'll also try to lower the brake setting but I'm not sure it's going to make a difference since I'm having the issue even at low speeds. I checked every single settings in the app to make sure they're exactly the same between the advanced and the pro 2.0 so that make me think it's an hardware issue.

I shared my videos to DJI and they acknowledge there is an issue with my unit. I send it in for repair.
On a side note, now that my p4p2.0 is out for repair, I used my p4adv with the silent propellers supplied with the 2.0. They're clearly not as silent as when they're mounted on the 2.0 version (for those who wonder if they should settle for the 2.0 version or not, this is a significant plus for me).

I have the same problem with my P4P2.

Thanks, I thought I was the only one.

I'll put a video together and send to DJI

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1