Is there such thing as Phantom 4 version 2?

Reaction score
So I ordered the Mavic and it looks like I might be in for a long wait. It sounds like this has been a common theme for DJI; delayed release for Phantom 4 etc. There have been quite a few Mavics released into the hands of regular customers. I'm getting a little concerned about the number of reports of Mavics having trouble with going out of control. I realize the firmware needs time to mature. Maybe firmware alone will fix the problem. It's also my understanding the Phantom 4 had some issues right out of the gate needing firmware updates for some major issues.

I'm just curious if there could be any hardware problems. Has DJI ever had a started selling the Phantom 4 with the model number labeled as something like V2.0 (like in the fine print near the serial number on the drone) which could lead us to believe there may have been subtle hardware changes. I starting to wonder if I should just wait until Spring since it will soon be well below freezing for 3 months.

There is no Phantom 4 v2.0. DJI is allegedly going to release the Phantom 4 Pro soon though. They registered an aircraft named the "Phantom 4 Pro" with the FCC two days ago.

The Phantom 4 was actually released right on time. As a matter of fact, even some Apple stores had them before the release date and accidentally sold them early. I thought I remember reading those that bought before the release date couldn't fly with the DJI Go App as it wasn't ready or something like that...

I think the P4 release was actually pretty good. I don't recall reading any major issues (crash causing). The main one I remember was range was shortened.

I'd wait till Spring if you won't be able to fly. As you state, it should be better sorted by then. Availability will be better and if DJI doesn't drop the price by then, I'm sure there'll be some coupon codes or the like so you can get a better deal...

So I ordered the Mavic and it looks like I might be in for a long wait. It sounds like this has been a common theme for DJI; delayed release for Phantom 4 etc. There have been quite a few Mavics released into the hands of regular customers. I'm getting a little concerned about the number of reports of Mavics having trouble with going out of control. I realize the firmware needs time to mature. Maybe firmware alone will fix the problem. It's also my understanding the Phantom 4 had some issues right out of the gate needing firmware updates for some major issues.

I'm just curious if there could be any hardware problems. Has DJI ever had a started selling the Phantom 4 with the model number labeled as something like V2.0 (like in the fine print near the serial number on the drone) which could lead us to believe there may have been subtle hardware changes. I starting to wonder if I should just wait until Spring since it will soon be well below freezing for 3 months.

If you can wait until spring then do, but even here in Minnesota there are many days where I can fly and get some great footage regardless of the temp outside, so for my part I'd hate to give that up.

I'm sure that there have been upgrades and tweaks to the Phantom 4 since its inception, but not enough to warrant calling it version 2.0, I guess.

If you can wait until spring then do, but even here in Minnesota there are many days where I can fly and get some great footage regardless of the temp outside, so for my part I'd hate to give that up.

I'm sure that there have been upgrades and tweaks to the Phantom 4 since its inception, but not enough to warrant calling it version 2.0, I guess.
You are farther north than me. I'll probably go ahead and get it now. Yeah... sounds like most of you guys know what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about a Mavic Pro II. I'm talking about a tweak in the hardware that DJI wouldn't even annouce. Something that couldn't be improved upon with just a firmware update. I've found this to be the case with other products such as trail cameras, routers, ect. Anyway, sounds like DJI doesn't do that... at least that anyone knows about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers