Is there any way..

Reaction score
to stop the same three pop-ups from happening at the beginning of every flight
1. The test
2. Update NFZ database
3. About which app/firmware your running
it just seems a little ridiculous to have to agree/delete them for every flight if I'm logged into my acct, like isn't once enough

1. The test
2. Update NFZ database
it just seems a little ridiculous to have to agree/delete them for every flight if I'm logged into my acct, like isn't once enough

Here are some suggestions for your:

1. The test - Take and PASS the test
2. Update NFZ database - Update the Database
3. About which app/firmware your running - Updating the firmware/DB to the latest might resolve this

Litchi is a very viable option. Don't count it out because Litchi works and works very well.

Here are some suggestions for your:

1. The test - Take and PASS the test
2. Update NFZ database - Update the Database
3. About which app/firmware your running - Updating the firmware/DB to the latest might resolve this

Litchi is a very viable option. Don't count it out because Litchi works and works very well.

I actually did the test when it first appeared but it returned a week or so later and appears regularly, #2,3 I’m scared of updating because besides the pop-ups mentioned my copter is flying flawlessly for quite a while now and I’m not looking to change that I just figured I’d ask if someone knows a way to disable the pop-ups that appear at start only
I’m actually scared of Litchi there’s always threads on problems/ flyaways while using it, there’s on on the front page now here on Phantompilots

Reactions: Hounddog
Litchi is much more stable than GO 4. No problems in over two years with me. You can find problems with anything you look at but if you really get into the situations, most of the times it turns out to be programming error, or pilot error. My last P4 did crash with Litchi on a waypoint mission. I checked my flight data and found that I had programmed it to fly from a point in my front yard where I actually launched from my driveway. In its effort to reach its first waypoint, which was in the front yard above the takeoff point, it flew into a tree. Totally my fault and my first reaction was to blame Litchi!

I'd not be flying DJI drones if I could not use Litchi. I made sure before I replaced the P4 with the P4Pro V 2.0. It works perfectly. AND, if you ever try the Mission Hub and Waypoint flights, you'll be hooked for good. Give it a try!
Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Litchi is much more stable than GO 4. No problems in over two years with me. You can find problems with anything you look at but if you really get into the situations, most of the times it turns out to be programming error, or pilot error. My last P4 did crash with Litchi on a waypoint mission. I checked my flight data and found that I had programmed it to fly from a point in my front yard where I actually launched from my driveway. In its effort to reach its first waypoint, which was in the front yard above the takeoff point, it flew into a tree. Totally my fault and my first reaction was to blame Litchi!

I'd not be flying DJI drones if I could not use Litchi. I made sure before I replaced the P4 with the P4Pro V 2.0. It works perfectly. AND, if you ever try the Mission Hub and Waypoint flights, you'll be hooked for good. Give it a try!
Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Ok I understand but I really don’t think Litchi is for my kinda of flying the only mode I ever found a use for was POI which was only for some video footage , the only time I had troubles with the Go 4 app it was because the tablets I was using was underpowered ( iPad mini 2 , Crystalsky) ever since I picked up a iPad Pro 10.5 things have been great , ( no more CPU warnings) [emoji106][emoji106]..... Enjoy...

1. The test
2. Update NFZ database

Like BigAl said, they definitely go away when updated and passed and all that. If you are one of the many users who like to stick to the oldest firmware possible, and oldest geo system possible, then Id consider those pop-ups part of your pre flight.

In defense is Litchi, I’d like to point out that the benefits of waypoint missions and especially the Mission Hub where one can design a flight in detail on your computer then fly it from your phone or tablet. I frequently simply draw a flight path with my finger on the touch screen. Litchi then inserts waypoints that can be moved around, modified in numerous aspects and flown. Then go back and change variables like altitude, speed, camera angle and actions at the waypoints. Refly the mission and observe the changes. Litchi gives you the flight time and distance so you can be sure your battery has enough power to complete the flight. These missions can be exported to Google Earth (free download) and displayed in 3D to verify the drone will clear obstacles. This is really amazing to me! Litchi waypoint missions are similar to playing with model railroading. Move the tracks around to change the perspective of the board.

So those DJI GO 4 flyers, if you’ve never tried Litchi you are really missing an interesting and reliable flight application. It’s the best $22.00 I’ve spent on drones!

Enjoy
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: BigAl07
In defense is Litchi, I’d like to point out that the benefits of waypoint missions and especially the Mission Hub where one can design a flight in detail on your computer then fly it from your phone or tablet. I frequently simply draw a flight path with my finger on the touch screen. Litchi then inserts waypoints that can be moved around, modified in numerous aspects and flown. Then go back and change variables like altitude, speed, camera angle and actions at the waypoints. Refly the mission and observe the changes. Litchi gives you the flight time and distance so you can be sure your battery has enough power to complete the flight. These missions can be exported to Google Earth (free download) and displayed in 3D to verify the drone will clear obstacles. This is really amazing to me! Litchi waypoint missions are similar to playing with model railroading. Move the tracks around to change the perspective of the board.

So those DJI GO 4 flyers, if you’ve never tried Litchi you are really missing an interesting and reliable flight application. It’s the best $22.00 I’ve spent on drones!

Enjoy
Jim
WA5TEF
No need to defend Litchi and the more you explain how you use it the more I know its not for me, it seems like it takes the fun out of flying if you program an app to fly for you, I see why people loose their birds
The biggest reason I never tried it was if your copter crashes for whatever unexplained reason and you believe its a malfunction and the flight records show you were flying with Litchi your SOL having DJI look at your case..

Based on my experience with DJI, I’ll never let them look at my case for anything. Their customer service is by far the worst in the world. I’ll either repair the sopposed damage or send it to a third party rather than DJI . However State Farm covers any mishap.
So if you’ve never tried Litchi there’s no point in bragging about anymore.
Sorry
Jim
WA5TEF

I’m actually scared of Litchi there’s always threads on problems/ flyaways while using it, there’s on on the front page now here on Phantompilots

If you haven't seen the equal number of stories of problems people have with DJI GO, then you haven't been paying attention.

LITCHI saved my *** last month when I drove to California (several states away) into deserts (no internet or even cell connection) and DJI GO came up with several dialogs that could not even be dismissed. As much as I tried, time and time again, looking for check boxes to check, agreements to agree too, they just never showed up. Figuring that GO had a bug with my version of an Apple tablet, I started searching for unseen checkboxes (controls), but never found any. So GO would not fly without a huge dialog in front of the video feed.

This was a 2 week trip in which I few several times and took several gigabytes of footage, NONE of which I would have been able to do if I didn't have LITCHI (and knew how to use it).

Chris

Reactions: Hounddog
You're right on about DJI Go and its problems. I have quit even clicking on references to GO and its fly aways and crashes. Litchi has been absolutely trouble free for me for over two years now after I finally got fed up with DJI GO. I'VE not flown with it since. I do have a copy on a device I don't fly with simply for calibrations, etc. I just would not trust it after the issues I had with it two years ago. Most don't realize that Litchi has many more flight modes other than its fabulous waypoint missions. Each IMO are superior to GO 4.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

You're right on about DJI Go and its problems. I have quit even clicking on references to GO and its fly aways and crashes. Litchi has been absolutely trouble free for me for over two years now after I finally got fed up with DJI GO. I'VE not flown with it since. I do have a copy on a device I don't fly with simply for calibrations, etc. I just would not trust it after the issues I had with it two years ago. Most don't realize that Litchi has many more flight modes other than its fabulous waypoint missions. Each IMO are superior to GO 4.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Two years ago was about the time they shoved the forced updates down users throats so yes it was a bad time to be flying the GO app but I never had problems with the app that wasn’t caused by an underpowered tablet (Crystalsky included) , To me flying “missions” or “waypoint “ is kinda useless and I really see no point in it but that’s just me , others may think my kinda flying is “ useless” and I’m OK with that I just like having my hands on the sticks and doing as I please not what I program in .... 6 million ft and counting with the GO app so I’m a believer

If you haven't seen the equal number of stories of problems people have with DJI GO, then you haven't been paying attention.

LITCHI saved my *** last month when I drove to California (several states away) into deserts (no internet or even cell connection) and DJI GO came up with several dialogs that could not even be dismissed. As much as I tried, time and time again, looking for check boxes to check, agreements to agree too, they just never showed up. Figuring that GO had a bug with my version of an Apple tablet, I started searching for unseen checkboxes (controls), but never found any. So GO would not fly without a huge dialog in front of the video feed.

This was a 2 week trip in which I few several times and took several gigabytes of footage, NONE of which I would have been able to do if I didn't have LITCHI (and knew how to use it).

Chris

I actually see way more nightmare stories flying Litchi, Go app does everything I need it to do , and then some

Litchi FTW, No problems ever...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers