is there a way to put the 1" sensor on a P4 standard

Reaction score
I like the better quality of the 1" sensor but the dealer I bought my P4 from said I would not notice the difference. Well, I can see quite a bit of difference. I think the dealer may have wanted to get rid of his P4 stock. My question is can you swap out the gimbal and sensor from a P4 Pro to a P4 standard? I know someone who crashed his Pro and will sell it cheap. the gimbal and sensor still work fine. I don't care about the additional obstacle avoidance, just the better quality pics.

LOL, I'm one of those guys with a P4P camera on a broken gimbal. What do you reckon the resale value on something like this is and can it be used on other birds?

I like the better quality of the 1" sensor but the dealer I bought my P4 from said I would not notice the difference. Well, I can see quite a bit of difference. ...
My question is can you swap out the gimbal and sensor from a P4 Pro to a P4 standard?
The dealer either didn't know or was being deceptive.
The pro camera is in a different league.
Unfortunately, you can't swap it across to a regular P4.
The P4 doesn't have all that's required to operate the variable aperture and other features.

Reactions: Ade5 and gppms
Thanks. I was afraid the answer would be no. I guess that gives me a reason to look to the next Phantom release and see what goodies come with it. A 360 degree rotating gimbal that drops down below the landing gear after takeoff providing controlled 360 filming, and a zoom lens would be high on my list of improvements that I would pay up for.

Agree with your wishes, but in my opinion your dream will not be fulfilled.
May be for PH5 will be only a new camera with interchangeable fixed focal lengths, with no dropping that is already a very interesting and useful progress.
I hope to be wrong.

You are probably right. If they gave me what I want they would probably be canabalizing the higher end Inspire line sales.

There is a not well known do-it-yourself option for Phantom 3/3 Pro and Phantom 4 (not Pro, not Advanced) users.
Both these aircrafts have the same small size sensor and is possible to replace the optical group to have a different focal length, certainly not a true interchangeable unit, but still a good possibility using the optics you can buy here:
DJI Camera Lenses – Peau Productions

There is a not well known do-it-yourself option for Phantom 3/3 Pro and Phantom 4 (not Pro, not Advanced) users.
Both these aircrafts have the same small size sensor and is possible to replace the optical group to have a different focal length, certainly not a true interchangeable unit, but still a good possibility using the optics you can buy here:
DJI Camera Lenses – Peau Productions
Do you or anyone for that matter have experience with these lenses? My interests are mostly for stills taken from a higher altitude to get perspectives not available from the ground. I would say that the subject of most of my still pics are at least 30 feet away, and the majority are either cityscapes or mountain scenery, sunsets etc. from much farther distances. My videos are probably a bit closer on average, but I can always back up a bit to get the full scene as long as the video is not degraded too much. which of the lenses would you pros think would be the best compromise, or will they all degrade the images too much on a bird to be worthwhile?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4