Is there a way to check firmware version?

Reaction score
I just got my bird this morning. I am following the video to update the aircraft but it does not do the update sequence and when I checked the card it had a new readme file saying that I was installing current or older version. I guess that means the one I have is up to date but i wanted to double check before I flew, any way to do that?

Just received myP3A today. Downloaded the firmware update and placed the SD card in the bird. Started it up. It make the DJI startup noise, lights are flashing but NO DDDD sound as if it were loading the update. After 1/2 hr. I shut it off took out the card and on my computer it said results, "abort" .Any help /suggesstions would be greatly appreciated.

I just dragged the bin file, just the bin file not the update instruction file to the sd card. it is next to the picture file. Unfamiliar with "root".
Appreciate your help.

ok so thats not it :) (nm, running joke on here).

are you sure you downloaded the correct firmware file from the dji site? Also, open the log file the update generated, and it'll tell you what it aborted. post it here.

my theory is that since you just got the bird, the firmware is already 1.1.8 and therefore the update process aborts (without beeping, because there's nothing to update).

Also the RC has to be OFF before turning ON the quad for firmware upgrade.
If the quad has the last firmware out of the box, it is written in the txt file.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.