Is there a Cord for P3P 4k RC to iPhone X

Reaction score
I understand my rig is a wifi setup. However is there a cord out there and will it work any better or at all? Sorry, new to the site and only flying for 2-3 months.

P3p lightbridge if useing usb from remote to device ,,p3s is wifi for example because no usb needed.welcome to da forum,which cord you trying to find....Lightbridge is on p3a,p3p and p4

Last edited by a moderator:
The P3P has lightbridge, not WiFi, for the control link between the RC and the AC. You’ll want to use a standard USB to Lightning cable, the same cable you would to connect your iPhone to your computer for data sync. Beware of cheap charge-only cables, and don’t use an inferior cable between your RC and your iPhone.

I’ve found that CamBond makes a high quality braided short USB to Lightning cable that works very well for the P3P and P4P to connect the RC to an iPhone or iPad. Search Amazon, I’m sure you’ll find it.

Edit: here is the cable I use...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P66F35A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pjziBb50ZKNAB

Thank you both. I'm looking for what Ryan stated. However, is there any advantage to have a cable or stick with WIFI? Sorry if dumb question

Very confusing question ...A P3 4K does not use a cable and is Wi-fi Only. A P3P does. It just so happens that both have a 4K camera. Which do you have?????

I agree with ianzone. Lightbridge is far superior to the WiFi connection for the RC to AC link. I wasn’t aware that the P3P had the ability to link via WiFi to the RC or AC.

That said, I’ve always flown my P3P with the USB connection to my RC. Same with my P4P. Except in very dense WiFi areas, it’s extremely rare for me to have any connection issues. Once or twice in the middle of the city (Phoenix) I’ve experienced connection issues, out of literally thousands of flights.

Having never even know that a WiFi link between the iPhone and RC or AC was a thing, I can’t honestly give you any real comparison.

Last edited:
I only use wifi. I've never plugged in. Was just asking if there was an advantage. Yes, this is a 2018 model P3P 4k. The RC doesn't even have a usb port. Just micro-usb. Since both the RC and AC have lightbridge loaded on both, I will stay wifi. Thank you all very much. Taking it to Ireland next week. Can't wait.

Chaos1212, I’m starting to think you’ve got a P3 4K, not a P3P.

The RC for the 4K has only a micro USB.

The RC for the P3P has a full USB connection, in addition to the micro:

f7d4861cd434c1b749491346f6b4ed4a.jpg

Here is the proper model number for a P3P controller:

48f42b0a26f6067398f642059928c6c5.jpg

Ah good point I just look at my remote for p34k and it only got single micro usb port,,remote number gl358wb

The RC doesn't even have a usb port. Just micro-usb. Since both the RC and AC have lightbridge loaded on both, I will stay wifi.
There is no Wi-Fi, per your statement. You MUST use USB!

Chaos2112,,can you post a picture of your drone or remote just make sure we give correct info

Reactions: Fly Dawg
I am really confused on this one........

I only use wifi. I've never plugged in. Was just asking if there was an advantage. Yes, this is a 2018 model P3P 4k. The RC doesn't even have a usb port. Just micro-usb. Since both the RC and AC have lightbridge loaded on both, I will stay wifi. Thank you all very much. Taking it to Ireland next week. Can't wait.
The P3 pro does not have wifi.
If you are using wifi, you have the Phantom 3-4K, not the Phantom 3 Pro
Phantom 3 4K - 4K Aerial Video For Everyone - DJI

This where I confused aswell,,,vidio port is usb but you got a micro port,,that very odd
Screenshot_20180615-091339.jpg
....you could just try a OTG adapter cable which you could use,,that's a mini to usb to mini cord,then just plug to micro usb on remote and to your device

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a pro remote by looking at it,single port on back bit unusual to me,if you should want to change hdmi modules are easy to fit and replace yours,if you choose to,gives you something to play with,,I'm sure you will get better transmission and better flights than you are,,it's still odd how your set up works,normally p3p uses usb cord,I not have a pro yet so can't try replicate your set set up,main thing is somehow it works,,hope you enjoy your trip and take some pictures for usView attachment 100139,,,

Thank you... Will take a bunch! Thank you all for the help

Yeh I think I agree on that my p34k same remote ,I'm just missing anttenas from doing modification and did not click,I though at least someone could have corrected me saying it's a pro but no one did till now,,now we know what it is I delete my post #17 ,,good call Murge :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20