****... Is the P3 a flawless machine?

Yup, I'm thinking about the camera right now, and remembering that the lens is just perfect, no chromatic aberrations, low distortion for a 20mm lens (on 35mm FF equivalent).. No "haze" or ghosting.

If I look so fanatic, it's simply cause I started with a f*cking Parrot Bebop :D Worst 500-1000 dollar-range drone ever created.

I almost bought one....they have great marketers....thing looked awesome.

Everyone hates the corporate pigs so much they throw their money at them.....

I sense a bit of jealousy there. Maybe we should all raise chickens in the backyard....but then we'd have no interweb, smart phones, drones, teslas, etc......

I'm glad dudes like Jobs and Wang and Musk are advancing technology. Sure, they are driven and human with all of our follibles, but at the same time they are making a difference in this world and bringing art, creativity, tools and advancement to us...

[Moderator edit: Inappropriate post removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phantomsphere
Flawless doesn't mean it can be improved. I would like to see the DJI technology is a sleek waterproof and ruggedized LILY-like from factor. The P3 has great camera but it's hanging down like genitlia and one good hit, or a dip in the ocean, and the drone is pretty much toast. .And, while I'm at it, I might as well add obstacle avoidance to the wish list.

I agree. Now only time will tell.

Just bought my P3P. Love this thing. Have crashed her 3 times, but only scuffed her up. I love this thing. Am taking it slow . Sent her out about a mile yesterday and just followed the road with the camera to bring her home. Was a truly odd experience not being able to see this expensive "toy". However, the video from 300 feet was amazing.

Reactions: Raph and SENC
Why do some people hate success so much. Good on you DJI, I like my P3 it works great. I can't believe how much you get both in hardware & software for your money. Love apple products too, they help our business make money. Sure not everything is perfect but both these companies give me enjoyment & contribute to our creativity. Some people... Sheesh!

Reactions: Jbundy63
I can't find any issues with this jewel. I mean, no afterthoughts while controlling it, long battery life, intelligent battery, incredible powerful motors, amazing 4k / 1080p articulated camera, hestetically speaking and in terms of video quality, going up to ISO 3200 with low-noise despite the small sensor, perfect gimble, super-stable device with strong winds, accelerometer, vision positioning system with bottom camera and to sensors, powerful LEDs, marvelous form factor, clean Apple-like design, fast synchronizing/connection, spectacular range and smooth video feed thousands of feets away, splendid transmitter with massive battery life and full camera controls, lightbridge, failsafe mode, stable GPS function, safe and precise RTH, outstanding application, full control over the drone, dozens of different options, battery status, gimbal, customizable buttons and controls, flight modes, stable and never-crashing app, creator studio, live GPS map with satellite view, open source... And that price...

I know I forgot a lot of things... ****, we're all used to technology now, but whatever high-tech product we buy, there's always a problem and something we'd like to be improved "next time".

But now..

Did DJI make a flawless device?

I can't find any flaws and I have to say it's not easy to admit it IS a perfect drone. There's obviously something wrong! No? No, apparently, I can't find any weakness. DJI didn't forget a thing. EVERYTHING has been thoroughly done. From camera picture styles to intelligent battery auto-discharging.

Well, anyway, to me, DJI is the future of drones.

Tell me what you think guys. :)
Actually your love rant for your Phantom made me a little nauseous as I have not
heard anyone get so sloppy over there quad. I've had issues with mine so I'm not as thrilled.
Glad that your Phantom is without flaws .

Reactions: ems1016 and hot dog
Ha ha ha ha ha that is SO funny!! Suck it up and let this guy express his joy of P3. I love mine too. The smooth and steady video coming out of it is unbelievable. Sour grapes doesn't sound good. I sound like your mother huh?

I like my Phantom 3, but my flight today had chop in the video.
The video was only 8:00 min and after landing. Started watching the video and after
viewing about 4 minutes the Dji Go app crashed with the "unfortunately the
Go app has STOPPED" message. I could say it's ok cause everybody else loves their bird,

but I was ready to drop kick it over Stone Mountain. Maybe it's my tablet. No, It wasn't till
the last update that the issues began. I got a lemon from a disgruntled Chinese factory assembler.

I've had fewer than 30 flights and two small glitches, both of which involved loss or weak video signal. Otherwise flying this thing is a dream. I think i will try the foil DIY antenna boosters. Not sure anything is ever going to be 100% perfect 100% of the time, but I'm pretty happy with this thing so far, have to say.

Everyone hates the corporate pigs so much they throw their money at them.....

I sense a bit of jealousy there. Maybe we should all raise chickens in the backyard....but then we'd have no interweb, smart phones, drones, teslas, etc......

I'm glad dudes like Jobs and Wang and Musk are advancing technology. Sure, they are driven and human with all of our follibles, but at the same time they are making a difference in this world and bringing art, creativity, tools and advancement to us...
Hey now, I do raise chickens in the back yard. And I have a smart phone and a drone.

This thread is pointless. Nothing is flawless. The P3 is no exception. This thread is looking for disagreement and is toeing a fine line.

Insults, name calling, xenophobic, and/or prejudiced remarks will be deleted and the offending poster will get warning points. Keep it clean and keep it constructive or don't post. If this cannot be followed, this thread will get locked.

P.S. Leave the LARGE BOLD FACE type alone! :rolleyes:

Reactions: dirkclod
Haha :) Remember that battey life? :D That ridiculous range? Hard to believe, but It was not even usable with my iPhone 5S with FPV. It was dropping down to 1 FPS when I was hitting the record button. At around 40 feet, I was losing connection :)
I knew it was just a matter of time.

54min flight time and I got cracks (no crashes, only 18 very short flights) some threads point to 30% having cracks appear at one point or another. Also no support... so not even close to flawless. It does fly beautifully when all planets are aligned.

Reactions: imadago
54min flight time and I got cracks (no crashes, only 18 very short flights) some threads point to 30% having cracks appear at one point or another. Also no support... so not even close to flawless. It does fly beautifully when all planets are aligned.
So true @Joao. I can't see DJI's success continuing in the US if they don't start addressing their imperfections. I'm a senior citizen and I really learned a lesson about the Chinese manufacturers and their products by the way DJI is currently handling their customers.

So true @Joao. I can't see DJI's success continuing in the US if they don't start addressing their imperfections. I'm a senior citizen and I really learned a lesson about the Chinese manufacturers and their products by the way DJI is currently handling their customers.

What bugs me more than a Chinese manufacturing problem is the lack of after sales support in the US. If there is a problem, I expected it to be handled like any $1000+ brand new equipment: quickly, for free and with apologies included. I have so many good experiences of warranty services on foreign equip done by US representatives (Canon, sony etc), I cant believe DJI dropped the ball like this. They should at least offer an exchange/replacement quickly or allow third party services not to void the warranty. As I keep saying, this is more of a police/lawsuit situation and if people started gathering here for a group action of sorts, I would be one to sign.

Reactions: hot dog

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4