****... Is the P3 a flawless machine?

I like apples. And I'm not saying fish isn't good. Understand that if you can :)

I have appx 15 flats on my P3P with no issues, it's awesome. My only challenge if slow streaming to You Tube, I haven't figured that out.

Fly safe......

I have appx 15 flats on my P3P with no issues, it's awesome. My only challenge if slow streaming to You Tube, I haven't figured that out.

Fly safe......
Great to hear :) Fly safe too!

I have a dedicated Samsung TAB S 8.4" also. Terrible! Video feed sucks, the pilot app hangs. This is an octo-core tablet, the best Samsung offers, and it doesn't work. Even when I roll back the Google services app and uninstall updates like everyone suggests, still is a dog. How can you be happy with one frame per second video?

I think I have to buy an iPad mini. My wife's works great with my P3P.

As mentioned, my Samsung S-Tab 8" works fine and haven't noticed any extra heat radiating from it (mid winter here anyway).

1.9Ghz CPU, 3GbRAM, 32Gb 300x MemoryCard.

Disabled many bloatware apps.
No email.
No notifications.
No updates.
No local caching in the pilot app.

Allowed apps - Go-Launcher-Pro, Google Maps, Maps-Ruler-Pro, DJI-Pilot-App, Chrome, Youtube, Bubble-Level, VLC-Media-Player, MX-Player-Pro, Jota-Text-Editor.

Tether to my S4 phone for internet access.

Hope some of this info helps.

My favorite part about the bebop was the little string you had to pull to get the power supply connector out to fit the battery[emoji4]. You know those Parrot engineers were ingenious, using an ultra innovative Velcro(R) technology to secure the battery because the battery wouldn't even slide in [emoji23]. I have to agree that the phantom is a beast compared to that piece of [emoji90].

My favorite part about the bebop was the little string you had to pull to get the power supply connector out to fit the battery[emoji4]. You know those Parrot engineers were ingenious, using an ultra innovative Velcro(R) technology to secure the battery because the battery wouldn't even slide in [emoji23]. I have to agree that the phantom is a beast compared to that piece of [emoji90].
LMAO You got that right [emoji372][emoji90][emoji372][emoji90][emoji372][emoji90]

You're correct, but seriously I think we're being too rude with these super smart engineers. Remember, they really placed the camera iltelligently, allowing us to keep it protected from crashes or impacts, as the shape of the lens was not showing up. I HAD F*CKIN SCRATCHES WITH THEIR F*CKIN LENS, COME ON PARROT!!:mad:

Reactions: Jbundy63
I would rate my experience with DJI as poor. First P2 brand new did a firmware upgrade and the gimble stopped working...A KNOWN PROBLEM. Replacement unit brand new S1 switch defective so quad would not fly in GPS mode. Up position was ATTI and middle position was ATTI. Took 6 weeks for DJI to replace the S1 toggle switch. Customer service is obviously not well versed on their products as I received the wrong information on more than one inquiry. One new battery faulty and discharging from 50% to 8% in less than 4 minutes and self landing. Had to fight with a snotty-nosed DJI customer service kid (literally) to get it replaced under warranty. Tells me that's normal. On and on....
I'm glad others have had good experience with DJI products and customer service but if you ask me they have engineered the P3 for maximum repair charges. Integrated motherboard is going to bite you in the ***, you'll see.

Reactions: ems1016
I would rate my experience with DJI as poor. First P2 brand new did a firmware upgrade and the gimble stopped working...A KNOWN PROBLEM. Replacement unit brand new S1 switch defective so quad would not fly in GPS mode. Up position was ATTI and middle position was ATTI. Took 6 weeks for DJI to replace the S1 toggle switch. Customer service is obviously not well versed on their products as I received the wrong information on more than one inquiry. One new battery faulty and discharging from 50% to 8% in less than 4 minutes and self landing. Had to fight with a snotty-nosed DJI customer service kid (literally) to get it replaced under warranty. Tells me that's normal. On and on....
I'm glad others have had good experience with DJI products and customer service but if you ask me they have engineered the P3 for maximum repair charges. Integrated motherboard is going to bite you in the ***, you'll see.

We'll see.

I can't find any issues with this jewel. I mean, no afterthoughts while controlling it, long battery life, intelligent battery, incredible powerful motors, amazing 4k / 1080p articulated camera, hestetically speaking and in terms of video quality, going up to ISO 3200 with low-noise despite the small sensor, perfect gimble, super-stable device with strong winds, accelerometer, vision positioning system with bottom camera and to sensors, powerful LEDs, marvelous form factor, clean Apple-like design, fast synchronizing/connection, spectacular range and smooth video feed thousands of feets away, splendid transmitter with massive battery life and full camera controls, lightbridge, failsafe mode, stable GPS function, safe and precise RTH, outstanding application, full control over the drone, dozens of different options, battery status, gimbal, customizable buttons and controls, flight modes, stable and never-crashing app, creator studio, live GPS map with satellite view, open source... And that price...

I know I forgot a lot of things... ****, we're all used to technology now, but whatever high-tech product we buy, there's always a problem and something we'd like to be improved "next time".

But now..

Did DJI make a flawless device?
I can't find any flaws and I have to say it's not easy to admit it IS a perfect drone. There's obviously something wrong! No? No, apparently, I can't find any weakness. DJI didn't forget a thing. EVERYTHING has been thoroughly done. From camera picture styles to intelligent battery auto-discharging.

Well, anyway, to me, DJI is the future of drones.

Tell me what you think guys. :)

Perhaps, the "flaws" are in your computer and its inherent inability to download all the problems others are having with your "flawless" quad. I'm buying my P3P next month and only hope that I have the same "luck" you're having with yours, cause corporate pig Frank Wang worships money more than he does customer service. Just wish another company with morals and business ethics was # 1. It will happen.

Reactions: hot dog
Perhaps, the "flaws" are in your computer and its inherent inability to download all the problems others are having with your "flawless" quad. I'm buying my P3P next month and only hope that I have the same "luck" you're having with yours, cause corporate pig Frank Wang worships money more than he does customer service. Just wish another company with morals and business ethics was # 1. It will happen.

Probably. I agree about the pathetic customer service, especially for 1000$ devices, that's lame.

In theory it's a flawless machine within the bounds of the price and in comparison with others (IMHO).

In reality, it is subject to all the problems that any complex piece of equipment is. Frank Wang (CEO) is good - but he's no Steve Jobs when it comes to overall quality. He accepts less than perfect - using low price as an enticement.

His way works so who am I to argue? But it would be really neat if the P3 was just a bit more perfect in implementation and cost perhaps a little more (in order to make that possible).

That said, this thing amazes me each time I fly it. Even the faults like crashed apps, etc. still allow me full control. That's a very important criteria - in that most all failures of this machine, from body cracks to software, do not make it fly away or drop from the skies.

When you think about perhaps 150K+ units sold...and the number of flights on each, the record is pretty good. We could guess at the number of flights way into the millions - so even if 5,000 of those flights resulted in an accident or loss, that would be an extremely low incidence for a 1K consumer/hobby toy.

Valid responses. I respect each. And....I will still be a P3P customer next month. Lol.

The Steve Jobs comparison, BTW, doesn't get me all warm and fuzzy. He was just another irresponsible corporate pig who had even less morals and respect for customer satisfaction than Pig Wang (did I mention how much I hate that oriental pig?). Apple, even today, refuses to stand behind its shoddy hardware and software. IMovie never worked and still doesn't. But---we do know who is shoving things up their CEO's backside rather than focus on who Apple is screwing in the consumer market.

cdronefky. Wang does not accept less than perfect, the criminal forces you and me the consumer, to accept HIS less than perfect at OUR expenses. Read his criminal CYA warranties; we are responsible for his defective crap. They should all be in prison IMO.

Valid responses. I respect each. And....I will still be a P3P customer next month. Lol.

The Steve Jobs comparison, BTW, doesn't get me all warm and fuzzy. He was just another irresponsible corporate pig who had even less morals and respect for customer satisfaction than Pig Wang (did I mention how much I hate that oriental pig?). Apple, even today, refuses to stand behind its shoddy hardware and software. IMovie never worked and still doesn't. But---we do know who is shoving things up their CEO's backside rather than focus on who Apple is screwing in the consumer market.

cdronefky. Wang does not accept less than perfect, the criminal forces you and me the consumer, to accept HIS less than perfect at OUR expenses. Read his criminal CYA warranties; we are responsible for his defective crap. They should all be in prison IMO.

Haha :D This Wang is dangerous. Still, Parrot is even more.

lol, why would you continue to put money into the pockets of someone you hate so much? have some principles and put your money where your mouth is.

also, for the people with parts that come DOA or breaks within the first month, why deal directly with DJI? buy from a reputable vendor and exercise your rights to return the product. have them dump all the junk back to DJI.

Reactions: rickeyfitts
I can't find any issues with this jewel. I mean, no afterthoughts while controlling it, long battery life, intelligent battery, incredible powerful motors, amazing 4k / 1080p articulated camera, hestetically speaking and in terms of video quality, going up to ISO 3200 with low-noise despite the small sensor, perfect gimble, super-stable device with strong windelerometer, vision positioning system with bottom camera and to sensors, powerful LEDs, marvelous form factor, clean Apple-like design, fast synchronizing/connection, spectacular range and smooth video feed thousands of feets away, splendid transmitter with massive battery life and full camera controls, lightbridge, failsafe mode, stable GPS function, safe and precise RTH, outstanding application, full control over the drone, dozens of different options, battery status, gimbal, customizable buttons and controls, flight modes, stable and never-crashing app, creator studio, live GPS map with satellite view, open source... And that price...

I know I forgot a lot of things... ****, we're all used to technology now, but whatever high-tech product we buy, there's always a problem and something we'd like to be improved "next time".

But now..

Did DJI make a flawless device?

I can't find any flaws and I have to say it's not easy to admit it IS a perfect drone. There's obviously something wrong! No? No, apparently, I can't find any weakness. DJI didn't forget a thing. EVERYTHING has been thoroughly done. From camera picture styles to intelligent battery auto-discharging.

Well, anyway, to me, DJI is the future of drones.

Tell me what you think guys. :)

Flawless doesn't mean it can be improved. I would like to see the DJI technology is a sleek waterproof and ruggedized LILY-like from factor. The P3 has great camera but it's hanging down like genitlia and one good hit, or a dip in the ocean, and the drone is pretty much toast. .And, while I'm at it, I might as well add obstacle avoidance to the wish list.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj