Is the DJI iOSD unit compatible with the Upgrade Board?

Reaction score
I recently installed the DJI Upgrade Board to go along with my Zenmuse to get the weight down a bit. Everything is working fine, so then I went a little further by purchasing the Altitude FatShark goggles and the DJI iOSD unit. This is where I've gotten lost.

Apparently, you have to an S-bus to make the iOSD unit work. Okay, I'll just add back the PMU I purchased when I originally got my Zenmuse. But now I'm confused as to how to connect it up since I think I'll end up disabling the Zenmuse if I plug in the PMU into the X3 connector.

Has anyone made this configuration work?

I'm not going to open the sealed iOSD package until I feel confident this will work.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Todd

Apparently, the Phantom upgrade board V1 (P330CB-H3-2D) is NOT compatible with DJI Mini iOSD or the BT Module due to the missing Can-Bus connector.

I've heard a V2 version of the Phantom upgrade board is being manufactured now and will be available soon which will be compatible with the DJI Mini iOSD and BT Module.

Netwarrior said:
Apparently, the Phantom upgrade board V1 (P330CB-H3-2D) is NOT compatible with DJI Mini iOSD or the BT Module due to the missing Can-Bus connector.

I've heard a V2 version of the Phantom upgrade board is being manufactured now and will be available soon which will be compatible with the DJI Mini iOSD and BT Module.

Great! I'll just keep the soldering iron warm!

;)

Todd

Netwarrior said:

No way?! This really is starting to get ridiculous.

Netwarrior said:

Where did u here this? From a dealer? Or here?

Netwarrior said:

This is why I will not buy a replacement Phantom. Sorry DJI but that is not how you do business.

This is ridiculous. They seriously released this board with no compatibility to the products they make? Who is running this business?

That Colin McFry dude is a total jerk for not dealing with this ****. If he put as much time into the products he represents as he does in the gym they might be a credible company.

This is unbelievable.

Hi everyone,
I just received an answer from somebody at DJI .
Seems they are going to produce a special Y cable for split the bus port very soon :D
this way will be possible to plug iOSD also on the upgrade kit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers