Is the 500m overall height limit enforced by the app or by the firmware?

does this mean its the hardware is unable to that or the software is restricting it to go over 500m?
and why does your website says the following ????

Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 6000 m (Default altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)
(what if i am standing on the beach)

this is misleading your customers and misleading information can end DJI up in court.

It's a software setting. You cannot change it though.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I'm not DJI.
is there any way to contact DJI as i am a lawyer and i am thinking of taking them to court over this misleading information.

does this mean its the hardware is unable to that or the software is restricting it to go over 500m?
and why does your website says the following ????

Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 6000 m (Default altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)
(what if i am standing on the beach)

this is misleading your customers and misleading information can end DJI up in court.
I'm not sure what court as I am sure the USA and most western countries have RC limits well below 500m. I can't see a reason why you would want to go higher as you are pushing the limits of the range anyway at that point and risking lives for anyone in a very large radius.

is there any way to contact DJI as i am a lawyer and i am thinking of taking them to court over this misleading information.
You can contact them here. Good luck with your court case ;)

Reactions: quaddamage
You might be confused but the information is not misleading.
Read it again.
It's perfectly clear.
It makes no difference whether you are standing on a beach or a 5000 metre peak.
Your Phantom can fly up to 500 metres above launch point and beyond 6000 metres above sea level, the air is too thin for it to fly effectively.

You might be confused but the information is not misleading.
Read it again.
It's perfectly clear.
It makes no difference whether you are standing on a beach or a 5000 metre peak.
Your Phantom can fly up to 500 metres above launch point and beyond 6000 metres above sea level, the air is too thin for it to fly effectively.
One would hope lawyers check details before going off half-cocked like this.
I'm not sure why you would think you would have a case.
Would you sue because you misunderstood the specifications or because you have suffered some loss or because you believe the Phantom won't suit your purposes.
None of these sound like a valid case.

i come from where K2 mountain is located i bought the drone to capture the k2 also there are no people living around it and no height restrictions are enforced also no air taffic passes through that area anyway so i am not endangering anyone. why i want to take dji to court is that they dont tell you the maximum height you can take phantom 3 up to and what they saying on there web page is misleading customers in to buying their product. what they say is default altitude not maximum.

Reactions: ClaudioNC
i come from where K2 mountain is located i bought the drone to capture the k2 also there are no people living around it and no height restrictions are enforced also no air taffic passes through that area anyway so i am not endangering anyone. why i want to take dji to court is that they dont tell you the maximum height you can take phantom 3 up to and what they saying on there web page is misleading customers in to buying their product. what they say is default altitude not maximum.
There's nothing stopping you from photographing K2 with your Phantom.
You can fly to 500 metres above your launch point as 2 minutes research would have shown you.
Good Luck with your law suit

One would hope lawyers check details before going off half-cocked like this.
I'm not sure why you would think you would have a case.
Would you sue because you misunderstood the specifications or because you have suffered some loss or because you believe the Phantom won't suit your purposes.
None of these sound like a valid case.
they wont tell you anywhere on their webpage the maximum height you can go with phantom 3 i think this should be easy enough for anyone to understand that what am i talking about

why i want to take dji to court is that they dont tell you the maximum height you can take phantom 3 up to and what they saying on there web page is misleading customers in to buying their product
That restriction is clearly stated in the Phantom manual.

Limits.png

The 6000m service ceiling is in plain and simple English. You have no case against DJI. You could launch at 5500m and fly to 6000m. How can you misunderstand "service ceiling"?

How can you misunderstand "service ceiling"?
I believe he is only concerned about the 500m limit. The 6000m limit is not a hard limit in the software.

You would have to use a very old version - the SDK was updated back in Oct 2015 so that 3rd party apps can't go over 500m. Prior to that you could. I had my P3P at 4100' above launch once (not nearly that high above ground of course). I was disappointed as many of the mountains around me are higher than 500m from where it's convenient to launch. If they gave me 750m I would be a lot happier, but that's life.

Reactions: neslex
Reactions: aka1ceman
Just as an FYI, the firmware is the source of what determines maximum height. The software, app gets its information from the firmware. I can confirm this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers