Is My Camera Messed Up? Photos Blurry and So Much CA

Reaction score
Haven't used my Phantom 3 Advanced in a while. I shot today and the photos seemed blurry and overly contrasty, and there was a lot of chromatic abberation (purple fringing) as well.

I am trying to embedd a jpg file, but you can download the RAW file from here:

Dropbox - DJI_0083.DNG

I haven't ever "crashed" my Phantom 3, but there was one time when I was WALKING with it in my hand up a hill and the grass was wet and I did a complete face plant with it in my hands. The thing is, I CAN'T say that the photo quality was noticeably worse after that because the photo quality really wasn't great to begin with.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Here are a few more JPG images straight out of the camera as well. the weather was a little hazy (a lot of California is apparently on fire currently).

DJI_0038.JPG
DJI_0044.JPG
DJI_0065.JPG

Viewing your photo's from my Samsung 1080P Led monitor.....everything looks sharp. I dont see any strange abnormalities, so i think its safe to say that your camera is in good shape and behaving normal.

Looks just like my phantom 4 still photo's.

Reactions: Just Mark
Viewing your photo's from my Samsung 1080P Led monitor.....everything looks sharp. I dont see any strange abnormalities, so i think its safe to say that your camera is in good shape and behaving normal.

Thanks so much for taking a look.

I think the profile in Lightroom is kind of messed up. To me, looking at the JPGs from off the SD card, they seem to have a lot less purple chromatic aberration than the RAW / DNG files, even AFTER applying the lens corrections in Lightroom (and manually trying to clean up the purple fringing).

Thanks so much for taking a look.

I think the profile in Lightroom is kind of messed up. To me, looking at the JPGs from off the SD card, they seem to have a lot less purple chromatic aberration than the RAW / DNG files, even AFTER applying the lens corrections in Lightroom (and manually trying to clean up the purple fringing).
I just looked at them on my computer monitor also, comparing them to the real estate pictures I take, they seem similar to my P3 Pro pics. I just don't think there's anything wrong with them either.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4